If you’ve been hurt in an accident in Englewood, CO, we know it can be a difficult time for you and your family, especially if you’re unable to work because of your injuries. Our personal injury attorneys can help. We’re proud to represent people like you in personal injury claims and will fight for the compensation you deserve.
Our personal injury lawyers have established a solid reputation for delivering comprehensive legal guidance for victims throughout Englewood and the surrounding area. Our law firm is comprised of experienced attorneys, legal professionals, support staff, and investigators, all committed to helping you build the strongest case possible.
Working with our Englewood personal injury lawyers means you’re working with a team of compassionate lawyers who will negotiate aggressively on your behalf and provide top-tier representation if your case goes to trial.
Contact Your Englewood Personal Injury Lawyers Today!
WHAT TYPES OF ACCIDENT CASES DO WE HANDLE IN ENGLEWOOD?
Our law firm focuses exclusively on personal injury claims. Some of our common practice areas include the following;
- Car accidents – Our Englewood personal injury lawyers have extensive experience in helping those who have been injured as a result of a car accident. Our team will fight to get you the compensation you deserve following a motor vehicle accident.
- Truck accidents – An auto accident with a commercial truck that weighs upwards of 80,000 pounds can lead to serious injuries and significant property loss. There may be multiple parties responsible for a truck accident. We will identify and pursue all potentially liable parties so that you can recover the compensation you deserve.
- Catastrophic injuries – Catastrophic injuries include severe injuries such as brain damage, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, and other life-altering injuries. Our personal injury attorneys are committed to helping you and your family seek the justice you deserve if you or a loved one have suffered a catastrophic injury.
- Wrongful death – The death of a loved one is a difficult experience to navigate. If that death is caused by someone else’s negligence, the pain can be compounded. Seeking justice via a wrongful death lawsuit is one of the best ways to hold negligent parties accountable. Learn more about your rights and options following a wrongful death.
- Motorcycle accidents – Although motorcycles make up only 3% of registered vehicles on American roadways, they account for 14% of all traffic accidents that result in death. Motorcycle accidents can leave victims with severe injuries, permanent scarring, mental trauma, and significant property loss.
- Bicycle accidents – Bicycle accidents have increased over the past couple of years and unfortunately, so has the number of bicyclists who have been injured or killed while sharing the road. Let our team help you navigate the legal process if you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident.
- Pedestrian accidents – In 2020 an estimated 7,000 pedestrians were killed while walking on American roadways, and an estimated 104,000 pedestrians received emergency department services following an injury. If you have been injured as a pedestrian, learn more about how a personal injury lawyer can serve you.
- Slip and falls or premises liability accidents – Slip and fall cases are one of the leading reasons for emergency room visits every year. Slips and falls can happen at your place of work, places of business, or in public facilities. If you or a loved one suffered injuries because of a slip and fall, you may be able to take legal action to recover compensation.
- Medical malpractice – Medical malpractice lawsuits are brought forward when an individual is injured because of the negligence of a healthcare provider or medical facility. The most common types of medical malpractice are misdiagnosis and mistreatment. You have legal rights and options after a malpractice injury. Get in touch today to learn more.
- Workplace accidents and workers’ compensation claims – Workers’ compensation costs employers an estimated $100.2 billion annually. If you’ve been injured at your place of work, you may be able to bring forward a workers’ compensation claim to cover medical bills, expenses, and lost wages.
- Employment law – Federal law prohibits discrimination in the workplace based on sex, gender, disability, race, or age. If you feel that you’ve experienced a violation of employment law, work with our employment law attorneys to learn more about your rights and options.
- Chemical exposure, toxic chemical accidents – Whether you’ve encountered toxic chemical exposure in the workplace, after an accident, or through other means, you may be able to hold responsible parties accountable. Get the justice you deserve following a chemical exposure or toxic chemical accident when you work with our personal injury attorneys.
- Uber & Lyft accidents – When a ridesharing accident occurs or you experience a malicious act such as a physical or sexual assault, it’s important to hold responsible parties accountable to keep similar instances from happening in the future. Learn what you can do following an Uber & Lyft assault or accident.
- Dog bites – Colorado law offers detailed guidance on dog bites and how dog owners are to be held accountable after a dog bite occurs. Learn how to seek compensation for medical bills and emotional trauma if you’ve been a victim of a dog bite.
- Sexual assault – Sexual assault can have a profound impact on victims. It’s important to understand your legal rights and options following a sexual assault. At Bachus & Schanker, we are committed to helping victims get the legal representation they deserve. Work with our specialized Victim Advocates Team to build back your life and reclaim your power if you’ve been the victim of a sexual assault.
Personal injury law firm FAQs
What damages can you recover with a personal injury claim in Englewood?
The damages you recover are unique to your losses and the law that applies to your claim. When you bring a legal injury claim after an accident, you may receive compensation for the following:
- Medical bills
- In-home nursing care
- Future medical expenses
- Mental health care
- Physical and occupational therapy
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Physical suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Permanent scars and disfiguring injuries
- Punitive damages
Do I have a valid case?
Whether you’ve suffered an injury following a slip and fall, were the victim of a sexual assault, or were involved in an auto accident, our experienced Englewood personal injury lawyers will help you determine whether you have a valid case. Scheduling a free case consultation with our team is the best way to determine whether you should move forward in a lawsuit or whether other legal options may be better suited for you.
What should I look for in a good personal injury lawyer?
A good personal injury attorney will listen to your needs, understand the circumstances of your case, and help you determine whether there is sufficient evidence to move forward.
The experienced Englewood personal injury lawyers at Bachus & Schanker take great pride in providing personalized, compassionate, and comprehensive care when working with all clients. It’s what allows us to be one of the leading personal injury law firms in Englewood, Colorado.
How much does a personal injury attorney in Englewood, CO charge?
When you schedule a consultation with our personal injury attorneys, you will not have to deal with consultation fees or other expenses. Our attorneys work on a contingency basis, meaning no upfront fees, and you don’t pay anything until we win your case. Give us a call today to learn more about our contingency fees and how we are committed to serving you.
Why is having a personal injury lawyer important?
It’s essential to work with a personal injury lawyer that understands state and local law, the court system, and the nuances associated with different types of personal injury lawsuits. Our Englewood attorneys are well-versed in all aspects of personal injury cases. With a team of over 32 attorneys and experienced legal staff, you can count on having someone on your side who will vigorously fight for your rights.
The experience our team brings with them is one of the main benefits of having a personal injury attorney work with you. Knowing that you have someone on your side that will fight for your rights and help you build a strong case is critical to getting the justice you deserve
How long will my personal injury claim take to settle in Englewood, Co?
You should expect anywhere from 9 – 18 months for your personal injury lawsuit to be resolved. The complexity of your personal injury claim determines how long it takes. Cases that result in settlements typically resolve sooner than those that go to trial.
Why work with Bachus & Schanker in Englewood, CO?
Although we’re licensed to bring cases throughout the State of Colorado, our Englewood law office is focused on helping personal injury victims in the Englewood community. When you need an outstanding legal team with a proven track record of success, we’re here to fight for you.
- We focus our entire legal practice on personal injury cases. The experience we have gives us the expertise to handle any situation that may arise.
- We have the right people for your case, with a team of more than 32 attorneys and experienced legal staff. We can assemble a dynamic group that is the best personal injury team for you.
- We provide clear explanations about your case so you understand every step of the process.
- Membership in the Better Business Bureau is our commitment to fair and honest legal work that protects the interests of our clients.
Our awards and recognition reflect our commitment to providing outstanding service for clients in Englewood and throughout Colorado. We prioritize open communication with you throughout your case and customize a strategy to your unique goals.
- Recognition by Rue Ratings as the top 1% of attorneys in America
- Top 100 lawyers in Colorado, named by the American Trial Lawyers Association
- Named the top 1% of attorneys by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Founder Darin Schanker – Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, President, Outstanding Trial Lawyer, and Eagle Committee Member, Super Lawyer – named 10 years straight
- Founder Kyle Bachus – Super Lawyer – named 10 years straight, Top 500 lawyers, – All Categories Finalist, Lawdragon 500 – Top Leading Plaintiff Lawyers in America
In addition to being one of the most dedicated legal firms in Colorado, we are one of the biggest advocates and pillars of support for clients who are seeking lawsuits associated with wrongful death, catastrophic injury, sexual assault, and other sensitive cases.
We are one of the only law firms in the region that provides a Victim Advocates Team, composed of specialized professionals who are committed to helping build a strong case on behalf of our clients. They also provide comprehensive outreach and support services.
The Bachus & Schanker Englewood law firm is dedicated to the success of all our clients. We will fight tirelessly to help you recover the compensation and justice you deserve. To learn more about our commitment to quality representation, you can see for yourself how we fight to get results for all clients.
What happens at a consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers?
Scheduling an initial free case consultation is the first step in holding responsible parties accountable for the losses you’ve sustained after an injury.
During your initial consultation, you can expect the following to happen:
- Discussion about your case and what happened to cause the injury
- Investigation of who may be legally responsible
- An estimation of the value of the case
- Review of the legal process and an introduction to the laws that apply to your case
- Go over the strengths and weaknesses of the case
- Explain how you can or should participate in the legal process
- Introduction to the legal team and their credentials as personal injury attorneys
- Evaluation of options for various legal strategies
- Learn about how the client and legal team will communicate
- Written explanation of how billing works and how the lawyer is paid for services
- Go over answers to other questions about the case and the legal team
Englewood legal information
The Englewood personal injury lawyers at Bachus & Schanker have a thorough understanding of Colorado law and the court system. After filing a personal injury lawsuit, you should expect your case to undergo a discovery process so that relevant evidence and information can be brought forward. Following the discovery process, a settlement may be reached between you and the named parties.
In the event that both parties cannot agree on a settlement, your case will go to trial where a resolution will be decided by a jury. If your case does go to trial, you can expect to receive comprehensive legal representation from our team. Whether your case goes to trial or is settled beforehand, your dedicated team of lawyers will fight for your rights every step of the way.
Cases that do go to trial will be heard in one of the nearby district court locations:
- Arapahoe County Justice Center
7325 S. Potomac St.
Centennial, CO 80112
- Arapahoe County Courthouse – Littleton
1790 W. Littleton Blvd.
Littleton, CO 80120
- Adams County Justice Center
1100 Judicial Center Dr.
Brighton, CO 80601
Federal cases are heard in the US District Court for the District of Colorado. The closest locations to Englewood include the following:
- Alfred A. Arraj Courthouse
901 19th St.
Denver, CO 80294
- Byron G. Rogers Courthouse
1929 Stout St.
Denver, CO 80294
The phone number for the federal court is 303-844-5424.
Schedule a free consultation with an Englewood personal injury lawyer today
Colorado laws protect accident victims and their right to compensation. To maximize your case results, you need a personalized legal strategy that fits your needs. That’s what our Englewood personal injury attorneys do best. There is no risk or obligation, and we keep your information confidential.
We are available 24/7 to meet your needs. We can arrange for appointments and consultations whenever it may be convenient for you.
SERVING ALL AREAS OF ENGLEWOOD, COLORADO
- Arapahoe Acres (80113)
- Bates Logan (80113)
- Belleview Park (80110)
- Brookridge (80113)
- Centennial Acres (80110)
- Cinderella City (80110)
- Crystal Acres (80113)
- Cushing Neighborhood (80110)
- Downtown Englewood (80110)
- Duncan Park (80113)
- Englewood Industrial North (80110)
- Englewood Industrial South (80110)
- Evans/Southlawn Estates (80110)
- Evanston (80113)
- Idlewild (80110)
- Jackson Heights (80113)
- Jason Park (80110)
- Knollwood View (80113)
- Leeland/Sunset Heights (80110)
- Logandale (80110)
- Mansfield Heights (80113)
- Platte River (80110)
- Romans Park (80113)
- Signal Hill (80113)
- South Broadway Heights (80110)
- Swedish Craig (80113)
- Vista Heights (80110)
If you’re searching for an Englewood car accident lawyer for your settlement, we can help. Bachus & Schanker, LLC’s skilled legal team serves the entire Englewood metropolitan area and surrounding suburbs, the state of Colorado, and nationwide. No matter where you are located, we are here to help you get the quality legal representation you deserve.
Bicycle Deaths. (2023).
City of Englewood. (2023).
El, S. (2023). How Many Workers Comp Claims Happen Per Year?
Motorcycle Accidents. (2023).
Pedestrian Safety. (2022).
Other Office Locations across Colorado
Serving Clients Nationwide