Denver Truck Accident Attorneys
DENVER TRUCK ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
When you’re injured in a truck accident, the results can be devastating-for victims and their families. Injuries may be severe, and damages could be significant. But you don’t have to fight alone. Our experienced truck accident attorneys are here to fight for your rights and the monetary compensation you deserve.
We represent victims hurt by truck accidents, including drivers and passengers traveling in:
We can also represent pedestrians, road workers and construction workers injured due to a truck accident. Any victim hurt by a truck may qualify to receive compensation. Our attorneys assist throughout the entire claims process until you have a check in your hands.
Experienced Legal Representation for Denver Truck Accident Victims
We know that it’s not easy to be the victim of a truck accident. That’s why our Denver truck accident attorneys have built a fully-staffed, full-service legal team who can handle every aspect of your case. With our lawyers on your side, you don’t have to feel pressured by insurance adjusters or intimidated by the legal system. We’re by your side every step of the way.
Justice is our passion, and legal excellence is how we get there. With more than $900 million in verdicts already recovered, we have the experience you need to make your case a success.
Don’t take the insurance company’s word for it. Don’t settle for less than you deserve. Call our semi-truck accident attorneys at (303) 222-2222 for a confidential, free consultation.
Common Truck Accident Claim Examples
Many types of truck accident damages may qualify for monetary payment. Some examples of truck accident compensation cases are:
- Speeding. A driver speeds to cover more miles in a day. They aren’t able to stop for a traffic jam, and the victim gets hurt as a result. The victim sustains whiplash and a broken nose. They recover $50,000 in compensation for medical bills and emotional trauma.
- Carelessness. The shipping company doesn’t secure the truck’s load for safe travel, and the driver cannot control it. They swerve into an oncoming lane. The victim has broken bones, a concussion and soft tissue damage. They recover $250,000 in economic compensation and pain and suffering.
- Drunk Driving. Despite company policies that forbid it, a truck driver chooses to drink and drive. The transportation company employs the driver despite two prior drunk driving convictions, including one that occurred just last year. A victim recovers $1 million for injuries resulting from negligent hiring and retention on the part of the transportation company.
- Poor Road Conditions. When a truck driver chooses to drive during a downpour, the truck skids into oncoming traffic. A victim recovers $3 million for catastrophic injuries.
Other common causes of truck accidents are distracted driving, driver fatigue, inadequate training and not properly maintaining the trucks. If you experienced a similar accident due to these causes, you might qualify to claim compensation. Contact our team today to learn more.
Truck Accident Compensation FAQs
Can I sue for being hit by a truck?
Yes, you can sue for being hit by a truck. The legal grounds may be negligence, recklessness or intentional acts. Most semi-truck crashes are accidents, but there may still be legal fault when an accident occurs because of careless or indifferent actions that cause the crash. The law requires the party responsible for the accident to compensate the victim financially for their economic losses and for the pain, suffering and mental anguish associated with being hit by a truck.
What types of damages can you recover for a semi-truck accident?
Damages that you can recover for a semi-truck accident may include:
- Doctor’s bills for the entire duration of your treatment
- Ambulance transfer and EMT care
- Full diagnostic costs, including emergency room treatment
- Physical therapy and long-term rehabilitation needs
- Psychological care, post-traumatic stress care
- Damage to your vehicle; costs of replacement or repairs
- Damages to the property in your vehicle
- Pain and suffering, emotional trauma, limits to lifestyle because of injuries
- Inability to work, lost income
- Any other kind of tangible or intangible losses
Many semi-truck accident victims only factor in their direct financial losses. Our semi-truck accident lawyers thoroughly study all the laws and kinds of payments that each victim may claim. We undertake a comprehensive review to make sure that each client receives the total amount that they deserve.
Who can I sue for a semi-truck accident?
Parties you may sue for a semi-truck accident include:
- The truck driver
- Companies that hire, train and supervise the drivers
- Businesses that ship cargo and are responsible for securing their load
- A company that manufacturers a faulty truck
- The party responsible for poor maintenance of the truck
- Another driver that acted with negligence
- Those responsible for poor road design
Suing for a semi-truck accident is more complex than just bringing a claim against a truck driver. Many parties may be legally responsible, including the company that employs or contracts with the driver.
When should I hire an attorney after a truck accident?
It’s vital to hire an attorney as soon as possible after a truck accident. They can take immediate action to gather evidence and guide you through medical treatment and documentation of your physical injuries that form the basis of your case. Our attorneys may represent you on a contingency basis, which means we only get paid when you have a check in your hands.
Do truck accidents go to trial?
Most truck accident claims do not go to trial. Through diligent case preparation, cases usually settle. Our team works with you to pursue your rights and explain your options so that you can make the best decision regarding a trial.
How long does it take to settle a truck accident?
It may take between several weeks to 12-24 months to settle a truck accident case. Victims often deserve a significant amount of compensation for their injuries. It can take time to develop the evidence and the value of the case.
Ask your legal team for a more personalized timeline. There are things you can do now to access medical care and the resources you need in the interim. Ask our attorneys about ways you can move the case forward.
Bachus & Schanker Denver Truck Accident Attorneys Group
Consultations with the Bachus & Schanker Denver truck accident attorneys group are always free and confidential. Our Colorado semi-truck accident attorneys are now accepting new cases. We may even represent you on a contingency basis, which means no payment upfront and no fees unless you win. Call us at (303) 222-2222 today to get started.
(We also proudly serve truck accident victims in Ft. Collins, Colorado Springs and the rest of Colorado.)
Free Case Consultation
No risk and no cost to you or your family