Denver Car Accident Lawyers
Have you been injured in a car accident? We know that a car accident can change your life. Don’t let medical bills, lost income, and expenses burden you and your family. Let our Denver car accident lawyers advocate for your rights.
With years of experience dedicated to helping accident victims, we have a track record of success for our clients. Bachus & Schanker is ready to fight for justice. We represent car accident victims, including families facing wrongful death claims, to recover maximum compensation with no upfront costs. Contact us today to learn how we can help you.
When Do I Need an Auto Accident Attorney ?
After a crash, you may have questions: Do I need a lawyer? Is there a car accident lawyer near me I can trust? Can I afford an attorney?
If you’ve been injured, there’s a good chance a lawyer can significantly improve your situation. Some of the circumstances where it may benefit you to have a lawyer include:
- Significant or permanent injuries occurred. If you received any medical care for your injuries, it’s worth asking us about your compensation
- You can’t work because of your injuries
- It’s not clear who is at fault for the accident
- There is a commercial vehicle or driver involved in the case
- Multiple causes of the accident are possible
- A driver may have been under the influence
- The insurance company is stalling or low-balling the case
- You don’t know how to go about starting a case
- You’re wondering what types of compensation can be included, and if a settlement offer is fair
- There are questions about your legal rights, and you need answers
Generally, when there is more than just minor property damage that the insurance company pays quickly, or if you have medical bills, an auto accident lawyer can help. Our legal team works on contingency fees, so you don’t pay unless we win.
Don’t let the insurance companies intimidate you into accepting less than you deserve. We’re ready to fight for you. We resolve cases through fair settlements and through trial.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
If you are the victim of a car accident, the next steps you take will help determine what compensation you receive. If you do the right things, you can make it easier to recover damages quickly.
After a car crash, you should:
- Get to immediate safety, move vehicles out of the road if you can, and get to a safe place.
- Call 911 or the non-emergency police number.
- Ensure anyone injured gets prompt medical attention. If there is any chance you have injuries, get an evaluation from a medical professional.
- Get the name, license plate number, driver’s license number, address, phone number, and insurance information for all other drivers involved.
- Get witness names and contact information, including for people in vehicles at the time of the accident.
- Take photos of everything—the vehicles, the larger scene, the road, injuries, and property damage.
- If the police respond to the scene, they should write a report. If they do not respond to the accident, file an accident report online as soon as you can (Colorado law 42-4-1606).
- Complete Form 2489 to get a copy of the accident report.
- Keep records of medical care, lost income, and anything else relevant.
- Contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible to help you understand your rights and file a lawsuit for compensation.
It’s important to contact a car accident lawyer as soon as you can. They can help you preserve evidence of fault and damages and ensure you have the right support in place. We’ll fight for the compensation you deserve.
What Damages Can I Recover in a Car Accident Case?
Damages in car accident cases may include:
- Medical expenses, including hospital stays and doctor visits
- Home health care
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
The hidden costs of a car wreck may surprise you. Let our lawyers learn about your case to determine what it may be worth.
How Do I Get Compensation For My Damages ?
Colorado law requires all drivers to carry minimum amounts of insurance. This is just the beginning. There may be other sources of compensation like an employer for a commercial driver, other third parties who have fault or even your own insurance. Our lawyers assist you in evaluating all sources to get compensation for damages.
Whether your case is large or small, you deserve a legal team that fights for you. Let us work to win your case, maximize your compensation, and get justice for you and your family.
How Is Fault Determined in a Denver Car Accident?
Colorado uses an at-fault system for car accidents. Our law firm will evaluate the following to determine fault:
- Eyewitness testimony
- Video evidence
- Location of damage on the vehicle
- Marks and debris on the road
- Cell phone records
- Alcohol and drug tests following the crash
- Admissions of other parties
Remember, the police report isn’t the final say. Let our experienced lawyers fully investigate fault in your case.
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents?
The following are common causes of car accidents:
- Failure to yield
- Improper turns
- Bad weather, driving in the rain
- Running a stop sign or red light
- Failing to leave enough following distance
- Distracted driving, texting
- Driving tired or fatigued
- DUI, drunk driving, driving under the influence of drugs
- Vehicle defects
- Road rage
You may receive financial compensation for a car accident whether or not the other driver gets a ticket or criminal charges. Violating a traffic law is strong proof of negligence and fault for an accident.
Is There an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer Near Me?
At Bachus & Schanker, we have successfully recovered more than $1 billion in verdicts and settlements for our clients. We are trial lawyers – Our law firm has tried more personal injury cases in the past two years than any other law firm in Colorado. Whether we take your case to trial or negotiate a settlement, we fight for justice.
Car accident victims can fight back. See how our team of personal injury lawyer Denver professionals can represent you with no upfront costs to you or your family.
Additional Auto Accident Resources:
Serving All Areas of Denver Colorado
- Castle Rock
- Commerce City
- Greenwood Village
- Lone Tree
- Wheat Ridge
Visit our Denver Office
101 W Colfax Ave, Suite 650
Denver, CO 80202
Car Accident Compensation – FAQs
Can I file a claim without a police report?
Yes, you can file a claim without a police report. It’s not ideal – you should always report the accident and ensure a report gets filed. However, having a valid accident claim doesn’t depend on having a police report. Ask how our lawyers can help you build the evidence and address not having a police report.
What are the steps to filing an insurance claim?
The steps to filing an insurance claim are:
- Finding what insurance policies exist
- Determining who is at fault for the accident
- Reporting the accident formally to the insurance companies
- Identifying your covered damages
- Submitting the information to the insurance company
- Evaluating the insurance company’s response and determining whether to accept any settlement offers
Don’t get discouraged if the first response from the insurance company isn’t what you’re hoping for. We can fight back. Our Denver car accident lawyers represent victims in filing insurance claims throughout Colorado.
How do you establish an injury claim after a car accident?
To file an insurance claim after a car accident, you must:
- Identify legal liability for the accident – Remember, more than just the driver may be at fault. Look at employers, the vehicle manufacturer, agencies that maintain the road and others
- Show how the negligence of the defendant or defendants caused the accident
- Prove the injuries, damages and suffering that you have are from the accident
- Demonstrate the amount of damages, paying careful attention to include both financial losses and non-economic suffering
What Documents Do I Need for Medical Expenses to be Paid?
For medical expenses to be paid, you may need your treatment records and cost of treatment. It may also be necessary to provide the opinion of an expert who can speak to future care needs and the projected cost, as well as verify that the injuries are a result of the accident. You should always visit the doctor after a car crash.
How Are My Wages Reimbursed?
Wages that are reimbursed for a car accident are both short-term and long-term. In the short term, you have lost pay. Long term, you have lost promotions, benefits, and an entire career path. You may receive compensation for what you were likely to have achieved as compared to what you can still earn given your injuries and limitations.
What If the At-Fault Driver is Uninsured?
If the at-fault party is uninsured, you may still receive compensation. There are other avenues to explore, like collecting from their personal assets, another party at fault, and even your own policy that may provide coverage. Our lawyers can help you investigate.
What is Colorado’s Proportional Fault Model?
Colorado’s proportional fault model determines compensation for a car accident when multiple parties are involved. You may get compensation for a car accident even if you did something to contribute to the fact that it happened. Comparative negligence apportions proportional fault – and the right to compensation – to each party according to a percentage.
What are Colorado’s car insurance requirements?
Colorado vehicle owners must carry liability insurance at a minimum of:
- $25,000 bodily injury per person
- $50,000 bodily injury total per accident
- $15,000 property damage per accident
These are just minimums. In an accident, be sure to investigate whether any party has higher coverage amounts or additional types of coverage.
Free Case Consultation
WE DON'T GET PAID UNTIL WE WIN YOUR CASE.