Colorado Personal Injury Lawyers
When you or a loved one is injured in an accident, your life can change in an instant. The injuries may leave you in pain, unable to work, and in debt with medical expenses and other bills. You need an experienced Colorado personal injury attorney to help fight for your rights and get justice.
If you were hurt due to another party’s negligence or recklessness, our personal injury lawyers can help. Contact our team now to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation to learn more about our services and how we can secure maximum compensation for your losses.
Bachus & Schanker Wins – Over $1 Billion Recovered
What is a personal injury lawyer?
A personal injury lawyer focuses on helping injury victims recover compensation for the losses they sustained in an accident. Individuals who are injured deserve monetary payment for all the ways they have suffered, including economic and non-economic damages.
At Bachus & Schanker, our injury lawyers are passionate about justice and advocating for those who need legal help after an accident. Our dedicated legal services include:
- Decades of combined experience in personal injury law
- No upfront costs, no hourly fees, and no out-of-pocket expenses
- A team of specialized attorneys and support staff available around the clock
- Over $1 billion was recovered in successful settlements and verdicts
- A compassionate and supportive approach to helping our clients and their families
- Aggressive negotiation and litigation skills to recover maximum compensation for our clients
We know an accident can create a stressful and overwhelming situation for you and your family. Let us help you bring a legal claim to get the compensation you need now. We can represent you on contingency, so we don’t get paid until we win your case.
Colorado personal injury law
Colorado personal injury claims are built on the legal concept of negligence. To establish negligence, the following four elements must exist in your claim:
- Duty of care: You must show that a defendant had a duty to provide a reasonable degree of care. Depending on your relationship with the defendant, the duty of care may be higher, thus easier to prove.
- Breach of duty: You must show that a defendant breached their duty of care to you
- Causation: This legal concept asserts that a defendant’s breach of duty is what caused the events that led to your injury
- Damages: All personal injury lawsuits should show that you sustained losses because of the accident
Under Colorado law (C.R.S. 13-80-102), victims have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. This statute can be extended to three years in some instances involving motor vehicle accidents.
What types of personal injury cases do we handle?
Our team is made up of attorneys specializing in several practice areas to ensure we have the knowledge and skills needed to help victims of any type of accident.
We represent clients in cases involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip-and-fall accidents
- Defective products
- Burn injuries
- Medical malpractice
- Birth injuries
- Brain injuries
- Neck and spine injuries
- Premises liability
- Catastrophic injury
- Wrongful death
Whether you need an auto accident attorney after a car crash, were hurt by a defective product and want compensation for your injuries and suffering, or were involved in a workplace accident, Bachus & Schanker is ready to help.
How do I find a good lawyer for personal injury in Colorado?
A good personal injury lawyer will handle your claim’s legal aspects while providing support and guidance throughout the process. You should look for an injury attorney who:
- Has extensive experience in personal injury law
- Understands the tactics used by insurance companies to minimize or deny claims
- Will speak on your behalf with insurance adjusters, during negotiations, or in court
- Has the resources to handle your case from start to finish
- Has a track record of successful settlements and verdicts
- Provides easy and open communication
- Does not charge upfront fees or expect out-of-pocket payment
Remember, you should feel comfortable and confident after speaking with a potential injury lawyer. During your free consultation with our legal team, we’ll help you understand your legal options, what your case may be worth, and what you can expect during the process.
Call us today to schedule your no-obligation case evaluation to see how we can help you.
What is the role of a personal injury lawyer in an injury lawsuit?
When you work with a professional injury attorney, you can expect comprehensive legal representation throughout your case. Your lawyer should:
- Gather evidence to support your claim and build a strong case
- Speak to the insurance companies and their legal teams
- File documents and take the necessary steps to progress your claim
- Value your damages and claim the maximum amount for your losses
- Negotiate a fair settlement
- Represent you in court if your case goes to trial
While most personal injury cases do not go to trial, the attorneys at Bachus & Schanker are trial attorneys who are not afraid to represent you in court. Our attorneys are prepared to win your case before a judge. To learn more about our litigation experience, contact us now.
What damages can I recover in a personal injury case?
Injury victims can claim compensation for all the ways they’ve suffered after an accident, including:
- Medical bills
- Future medical care
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Property damage
- Lost income
- Loss of future earnings capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
We can help you get monetary payment for your losses if you were injured in an accident. You shouldn’t have to pay for somebody else’s mistake. Contact our office now to see what your injury lawsuit may be worth and how we can help you claim the full value for all your damages.
Why is having a personal injury lawyer important?
While we expect insurance companies to uphold their end of the contract after an accident, this is not always the case. Insurance adjusters quickly minimize losses and often pressure accident victims to accept less than their claim is worth. However, you can fight back with the right legal representation on your side.
A personal injury attorney can help you build a strong case that includes the total value of all your damages to ensure you get fair compensation. Without a lawyer, you may not even know what damages you can claim or what your rights are.
According to a Martindale-Nolo research study on personal injury claims, clients with legal representation were much more likely to secure higher average settlements than those who did not retain a lawyer. Also, negotiated settlements were about $30,000 more than those who accepted the first offer from the insurance company.
When you work with the experts at Bachus & Schanker, you can expect the following:
- Proving personal injury liability: Our team is highly experienced and has a strong track record of successfully proving personal injury liability. It’s this experience and knowledge that can prove invaluable in your own personal injury claim.
- A personal injury attorney knows personal injury law: Our team has a deep knowledge of state and local laws and mandates and invaluable knowledge of how the local court system operates
- Knows court rules and procedures: Our personal injury attorneys have worked with local judges, juries, court staff, and other officials and have a deep understanding of what’s to come if your case goes to trial. You don’t have to be overwhelmed or intimidated if this occurs, and our legal team will fight tirelessly to present a strong case on your behalf in a Colorado courtroom.
- Professional negotiating skills: Most personal injury cases resolve in a settlement. With decades of negotiating experience behind us, our personal injury attorneys are ready and dedicated to securing the settlement you’re entitled to. Our attorneys will negotiate vigorously on your behalf with all parties involved, including the defendants, their legal team, insurance companies, and others.
- We stand up to insurance companies: Don’t be intimidated or bullied by insurance companies into accepting a settlement less than you deserve. Our legal team will fight vigorously on your behalf.
Overall, working with a personal injury attorney can help get more for your claim through aggressive negotiations and a deeper understanding of the process.
Is hiring a personal injury attorney worth it?
If you have suffered a severe personal injury and have sustained significant damages, working with a personal injury attorney is one of the best ways to secure a comprehensive settlement that requires defendants to pay up and take responsibility for their actions.
Additionally, when you hold responsible parties accountable, you not only recover the justice you deserve, but you may be able to prevent others from suffering similar losses.
How much is my personal injury claim worth?
All personal injury lawsuits are unique, and one case may be worth more than another. The determining factor from case to case is negligence and the damages you sustained. When you work with an experienced personal injury attorney, you’ll have a professional who can carefully assess your case to determine just how much your case is worth.
The type of personal injury you sustain can also determine the value of your case. For example, cases involving multiple defendants, as with those in medical malpractice cases and commercial truck accidents, may allow you to recover higher compensation.
How can I get my personal injury claim compensation?
Accident victims must be proactive in order to get fair compensation for their damages. Because there is a limited time to bring a legal claim after an accident, you should take action as soon as possible and work with an experienced attorney to help you secure your settlement.
With several locations throughout Colorado, Bachus & Schanker can help injury victims throughout the state get justice after an accident. Contact us now to schedule your free, confidential consultation with our team today.
Written and Legally Reviewed By: Kyle Bachus
4.6 ★★★★★ 1,461 Google Reviews
Kyle is a member of the Colorado and Florida Bar associations and has served on the Board of Directors of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association for more than twenty years in total. Over the years, Kyle has achieved justice for many clients. He has served on numerous committees and repeatedly won recognition from his peers at both the state and national level. He is proud of the role he has played in the passage of state and national legislation to protect consumers and is a frequent speaker and guest lecturer.
Colorado Judicial Branch. Colorado’s State Court System.
Study on personal injury claims.
The Law Dictionary. What Percentage of Lawsuits Settle Before Trial? What Are Some Statistics on Personal Injury Settlements? (2023).