COLORADO ATTORNEYS FOR DANGEROUS, DEFECTIVE AND RECALLED DRUGS
Dangerous, defective and recalled drugs pose a serious threat to Americans. Advertisements make it look so easy to take a pill to cure any ailment. Unfortunately, these drugs sometimes cause harm to the very people they are meant to help. Although prescription medications make millions of dollars for pharmaceutical companies, it can devastate your life.
If your health has suffered as a result of taking a prescription medication, you can fight back. You may deserve financial compensation.
Bachus & Schanker Wins – Over $1 Billion Recovered
table of contents
- Dangerous, Defective and Recalled Drug Cases
- What is Considered a Dangerous Drug?
- Zantac and Belviq Recall Cases
- Who Can I Sue Because of a Dangerous or Recalled Drug?
- What Are the Legal Standards for a Dangerous Drug Case?
- What Compensation Can I Receive for a Dangerous, Defective and Recalled Drug Case?
- Colorado Attorneys for Dangerous, Defective and Recalled Drugs – Free Consultation
Dangerous, Defective and Recalled Drug Cases
The legal system plays a vital role in holding drug manufacturers accountable for defective products. Our Colorado attorneys for dangerous, defective and recalled drugs believe in holding manufacturers responsible when their products cause harm. If you or a loved one is hurt by a dangerous drug, we invite you to meet with our legal team to talk about your case. We are ready to fight for the compensation you deserve.
What is Considered a Dangerous Drug?
After a drug is released on the market, it may become apparent that it is dangerous. There may be several reasons that a drug is considered dangerous, including:
- Unreasonable risk of side effects including cancer, heart disease and other complications
- Problems with the drug for people with certain pre-existing conditions, and a failure on the part of drug manufacturers to identify the danger and warn consumers
- Contamination of the medication during the manufacturing process
- Mislabeling which results in inaccurate dosing and other kinds of confusion
- Purity issues that make the medication ineffective
- Switches and accidental errors that result in an entirely different drug being distributed
- Inadequate warnings about how to take the drug correctly, and what to do if you experience side effects
Zantac and Belviq Recall Cases
Many of the commonly prescribed drugs on the market today have serious side effects. If you are currently taking any of these drugs, it is crucial to educate yourself on the severe risks these drugs can have on your health.
Bachus & Schanker provides a FREE consultation to victims of side effects from the following drugs:
On April 1st, 2020, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has asked the manufacturers of the antacid Zantac to voluntarily recall the medication due to testing which has indicated that the medication Zantac may contain undisclosed high levels of N-Nitrosodimethylamine or NDMA, which have been linked to cancer.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with cancer following the use of Zantac, you may be eligible for compensation. Learn more about the Zantac Recall and how our attorneys can help represent you.
The FDA has asked the manufacturers of the weight loss drug Belviq and its subsidiary product Belviq XR to voluntarily recall the medication due to studies that indicate it has been linked to a higher risk of cancer.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with cancer after using Belviq, you may be eligible for compensation. Learn more about the Belviq Recall and how our attorneys can help represent you.
Who Can I Sue Because of a Dangerous or Recalled Drug?
There are a number of parties that may be responsible for a dangerous drug. Of course, the drug manufacturer may be to blame. The pharmaceutical company has the responsibility to research the dangers of medicine while they manufacture it. It’s also their obligation to recall the drug voluntarily or respond to a recall order by the Food and Drug Administration.The parties you can sue because of a dangerous, defective or recalled drug may include:
- The pharmaceutical company that creates the medication
- A hospital that accepts the medication for use and prescribes it to you
- Doctors and physician assistants that make decisions regarding your care
- The pharmacy who makes dosing or labeling errors
- The manufacturing lab that creates the drug
Generally, a dangerous, defective or recalled drug is a products liability claim against the pharmaceutical company. The basis of the claim is that the drug is unreasonably dangerous. However, the claim may also be a medical malpractice claim. Our attorneys help you assert all of the types of legal claims that may be appropriate for your case.
What Are the Legal Standards for a Dangerous Drug Case?
The legal standard for a dangerous drug case is strict liability. That means a drug company is responsible any time they place an unreasonably dangerous drug into the stream of commerce. You don’t need to prove how the drug became defective or who made the mistake. All you have to do is prove that the medication is dangerous. What makes a drug dangerous is a manufacturing mistake, unreasonable side effects, or inadequate warnings that come with the drug. When a pharmaceutical company creates a medication that poses too high of a risk of harm, the drug meets the legal standards for a dangerous drug case. In addition, not giving consumers the information they need to make informed decisions about whether to take the drug is another way to meet the legal standard for a dangerous drug case.
What Compensation Can I Receive for a Dangerous, Defective and Recalled Drug Case?
The compensation that you may receive for a dangerous, defective and recalled drug case could include the following:
- Additional medical bills that you have because of the new side effects
- Cost of treatment for prolonged medical care because you did not receive effective treatment
- Rehabilitation and physical therapy costs, new surgeries and other expenses related to the fallout of the drug defects
- Pain and suffering compensation
- Mental health care, payment for emotional anguish
- Lost income because you are unable to work
- Punitive damages (if your case qualifies)
Financial losses are the beginning of your compensation. However, you may claim additional amounts that reflect the suffering and agony that comes with being the victim of a dangerous drug. In fact, if you settle your case for only your medical bills, you’re likely selling yourself and your case short. It’s our goal as experienced attorneys to make sure to identify and pursue the total value of your claim. We make sure to leave no stone unturned as we work to earn you a complete and fair result for your case.
Colorado Attorneys for Dangerous, Defective and Recalled Drugs – Free Consultation
If you believe that you’ve been hurt because of a dangerous drug, take the first step and call our legal team. We offer aggressive and compassionate legal representation for deserving victims like you. There’s no cost to call and speak with our Colorado personal injury lawyers. With multiple offices located across Colorado, our attorneys are ready to serve you and fight for the compensation you deserve. Call (303) 222-2222 or message us to talk to our team today.
You Deserve Fair Compensation
Don’t let the insurance companies intimidate you into accepting less than you deserve. We’re ready to fight for you.