Denver Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Have you been a victim of Medical Malpractice in Denver, Colorado Springs or Fort Collins, Colorado?
Our Medical Malpractice lawyers in Colorado know that each year approximately 100,000 people die from negligent medical care and millions more are injured. At Bachus & Schanker, LLC in Colorado, our Denver Medical Malpractice attorneys (who serve all of Colorado; including Colorado Springs, Denver and all Front Range locations) believe that the safety and security of health care for American families should come first. Our Denver and Colorado Springs Medical Malpractice attorneys recognize consumers and patients deserve a legal system that can serve their needs and give them the power to seek help when they have needlessly suffered serious and permanent injury as a result of negligent medical care.
A Colorado Medical Malpractice attorney can help you understand your rights
Our Medical Malpractice lawyers in Colorado know that medical professionals including doctors, nurses and physicians’ assistants are required to follow a strict “standard of care,” and provide medical treatment in the manner that similarly licensed medical professionals are supposed to provide care. Medical malpractice occurs when a physician fails to do what a reasonably careful and similarly licensed physician should have done in the same situation.
What is medical negligence?
- A delay or failure in diagnosing a disease
- A surgical or anesthesia-related mistake during an operation
- The physician’s failure to gain the informed consent of the patient for an operation or surgical procedure
- A physician that has made the correct diagnosis, but then fails to provide proper treatment
- Misuse of prescription drugs or a medical device or implant
- Wrongful amputation
- Delivery mishaps and birth injuries
Should I seek legal assistance from a Colorado Medical Malpractice lawyer?
Our Denver Medical Malpractice Attorneys Can Help You Establish a Claim
Our experienced Colorado Medical Malpractice attorneys will tell you to prove a claim for medical negligence or Medical Malpractice not only must you prove that the doctor (or the doctor’s staff) failed to act as a reasonably careful doctor would in the same or similar circumstances, you must also be able to establish that you were injured or harmed as a result of that doctor’s careless actions or failure to act. An unsatisfactory result in medical treatment or surgery does not necessarily mean that malpractice was committed or that any treatment was below the standard of care. However, if you believe you may have been the victim of Medical Malpractice, the Colorado Medical Malpractice lawyers at Bachus & Schanker, LLC can evaluate your situation and help protect your legal rights.
How Do I Establish a Medical Malpractice Claim?
In order to determine whether a potential malpractice case exists, a medical expert must carefully review the medical care in question to determine whether the patient received substandard care and whether the substandard care caused the patient to suffer substantial injuries. At Bachus & Schanker, LLC, after an initial review by our experienced Medical Malpractice lawyers, we will have board-certified and objective medical experts conduct a complete review of the circumstances surrounding the cases we believe to have merit. If a doctor certifies that the patient received substandard care, a malpractice claim may be pursued by our malpractice lawyers against those who provided medical care to the patient, including doctors, nurses, and hospitals. Generally speaking, an attorney led Medical Malpractice claim may be pursued against those who provide medical or health care to a patient, including, physicians, registered nurses, hospitals, dentists, nursing homes, and pharmacists. Medical malpractice claims may be brought on by you and your lawyer against individuals, partnerships, professional associations, and corporations.
Understanding the Colorado Governmental Immunity Act
Safe Health Care Tips & Information
Our attorneys suggest that the following steps can help protect yourself and your family from Medical Malpractice and other health care dangers:
- Always keep a list of all medicines you are taking and what drug or other allergies you may have. When a doctor is prescribing medicine, ask about side effects, other warnings and what to avoid while taking the medication. Confirm with the pharmacist that you are receiving the right medication with the right dosages.
- Feel free to ask plenty of questions of your doctor or pharmacist. Make your doctor take the time to explain things to you until you feel like you fully understand.
- If your doctor refers you to a hospital for a procedure, talk to your doctor about which hospital they are referring you to and make sure that it meets your needs and standards.
- If you have to undergo surgery, make sure you, the surgeon and all medical providers agree and understand what kind of procedure you are undergoing.
- To learn about a particular physician or hospital, visit the following website http://www.healthgrades.com/
Report an Incident to the Colorado Medical Board
The Colorado Medical Board is responsible for licensing and regulating physicians and physicians’ assistants in Colorado. According to the Colorado Medical Board, each year, approximately 800 complaints are made against Colorado physicians and physician assistants. To find out the status of a particular physician’s license, or to report a Medical Malpractice incident to the Colorado Medical Board, please visit the following website: http://www.dora.state.co.us/medical/main-complaints.htm
Need a malpractice lawyer in Denver? We can help with a free consultation.
When you need a Colorado malpractice attorney, our law firm serves Denver and all of Colorado,including Colorado Springs/the Range, and Fort Collins. Our lawyers are professional and work hard for your rights. Don’t hesitate, give our Colorado malpractice attorneys a call as soon as you need a lawyer!
Free Case Consultation
No risk and no cost to you or your family
Free Case Consultation
No upfront fees, no risk, and no cost to you or your family
"Truly APPRECIATED your time and experiences with me and my husband with our cases. Hopefully not to need you again, but if I do, you'll be the first one I call. Thank you, Tracie Provorse" - Tracie P