DENVER MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
If you were injured in a motorcycle crash, our expert accident attorneys at Bachus & Schanker can help you get justice and fair compensation for your injuries. Our attorneys build your case, represent you at court hearings, and work towards the best possible result. Contact us today for a consultation about your case.
Table of contents
- DENVER MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
- DO I NEED A LAWYER AFTER A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT?
- HOW CAN A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER HELP VICTIMS?
- WHAT COMPENSATION CAN YOU RECEIVE IN A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT CASE?
- WHAT ARE THE COMMON CAUSES OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS?
- WHAT SHOULD I DO FOLLOWING A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT?
- WHAT ARE COMMON MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURIES?
DENVER MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS
A motorcycle accident can be a very dangerous situation. With less protection than in cars, injuries can be severe. If you are injured in a motorcycle crash, our expert accident attorneys at Bachus & Schanker can help you get justice and fair compensation. Our attorneys build your case, represent you at court hearings, and work towards the best possible result. Contact us today for a consultation about your case.
DO I NEED A LAWYER AFTER A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT?
If you’re a motorcycle accident victim with significant property damage, personal injury, financial cost, or lost wages, hiring a lawyer is a good idea. Lawyers at a motorcycle accident law firm provide an objective perspective and expert advice to resolve disputes quickly and receive compensation.
HOW CAN A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER HELP VICTIMS?
A motorcycle accident lawyer can help victims by:
- Explaining your rights
- Ensuring fair treatment because you’re riding a motorcycle
- Determining the proper value of your injuries and damages
- Investigating and proving fault
- Fighting back against insurance company tactics
- Speaking for you in court
- Knowing the nuances of the law and how to develop a trial strategy
- Helping you understand the best way to resolve your case
Understanding the complex legal system is essential when filing a claim for motorcycle or car accidents. Our lawyers are trained to represent your best interests and are experts at practicing law. The insurance companies you deal with often rely on their own team of lawyers, so not hiring a professional yourself can put you at an enormous disadvantage.
WHAT COMPENSATION CAN YOU RECEIVE IN A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT CASE?
Compensation in a motorcycle accident case gets divided between economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages include financial losses, and non-economic damages address pain and suffering. You may claim:
- Emergency medical bills
- Ongoing bills related to medical care from the accident
- Prescription medication
- Walkers and wheelchairs
- Property damage
- Income loss
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional suffering
- Mental injury and anguish
- Wrongful death damages
Our experienced attorneys for motorcycle accident lawsuits understand the damages you can claim and what your case may be worth.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON CAUSES OF MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS?
Motorcycle accidents may be caused by:
- A failure of cars and truck drivers to watch for motorcyclists
- Running a stop sign or stoplight
- Improper lane changes
- Drunk driving, driving under the influence
- Failure to maintain safe following distance behind motor vehicles
- Not accounting for weather
- Debris on the roads
- Careless driving
- Vehicle maintenance issues
- Poor vehicle design and driver technology failures
- Inadequate road design and construction
There are many reasons motorcycle accidents1 occur, and sometimes several parties may be responsible. One of the ways our motorcycle attorneys advocate for you is by looking at the whole picture. We investigate the underlying causes of the crash to determine who may be responsible and who to name in your lawsuit.
WHAT SHOULD I DO FOLLOWING A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT?
What you do after a motorcycle accident makes a big difference in what you receive in compensation. Following a crash, you should:
- Get to safety – Your immediate safety is the most important; get out of harm’s way.
- Call 911 – Send the authorities to the scene of the crash.
- Help with first aid – See what assistance you can offer injured motorcyclists until professionals arrive.
- Exchange details – Get a license, vehicle, and contact information from drivers, passengers, and witnesses
- Don’t fret about the details – Gather all the information. Don’t worry right now about what might be important later.
- Don’t say too much – Now is not the time to admit fault or analyze what happened. Take a deep breath and gather essential information.
- Get treated – If there’s any chance you have a physical injury, seek medical services. Have medical professionals document your injuries, create a treatment plan, stabilize your condition, and rule out anything more serious.
- Photograph everything – Document the accident scene with photos and video. Take pictures of the vehicles, their locations, debris, marks on the road, and injuries.
- Tell the insurance company – You should report the accident claim to the insurance company within a reasonable amount of time. For now, provide essential information and tell them that you are receiving treatment for your injuries.
WHAT ARE COMMON MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURIES?
Common types of injuries:
- Traumatic brain injury, concussion
- Bruising and burns, road rash
- Internal organ damage
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injuries
- Muscle damage
- Neck injuries
Whatever your injuries are, you have a right to claim compensation. Damages are based on the victim’s losses and the legal fault of those responsible. Motorcyclists have the same right to compensation for their damages as other accident victims. Don’t let the insurance company try to intimidate you or convince you otherwise. Our injury lawyers are dedicated to helping our clients claim maximum compensation for their injuries.
WHAT ARE MOTORCYCLE HELMET LAWS IN COLORADO?
Colorado Revised Statutes § 42-4-15022 requires motorcycle riders under the age of 18 to wear a helmet at all times in the State of Colorado. Helmets must conform to certain specifications. In addition, motorcyclists must follow the rules of the road. They may not have packages or parcels with them that prevent them from keeping both hands on the wheel.
IS A MOTORBIKE SAFER THAN A CAR?
Motorbikes tend to be more dangerous than cars for several reasons. They offer less protection than cars, are usually less stable with only two wheels, are more vulnerable to poor road conditions, and difficult to see. In 2020 motorbike riders were about 28 times³ more likely to die in a crash than car passengers and four times more likely to be injured.
IS THERE A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER NEAR ME?
The Bachus & Schanker, LLC team, has built our law firm with you in mind. We help victims claim financial compensation when they’re hurt. If an accident occurs because of the actions of others, we’re here to help you claim monetary compensation.
WHY WORK WITH BACHUS & SCHANKER?
We’re a full-service law firm for motorcycle accidents. Justice is our passion and our goal is to help each client get the justice they deserve. We have the resources and the expertise to advocate for you and we work hard to get fast results.
Schedule a free consultation with the Bachus & Schanker motorcycle accident attorneys. Time is limited, so don’t wait. Contact us today.
Free Consultation – Colorado Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Your case begins with a free consultation with our legal team, which includes experienced motorcycle accident attorneys. We are conveniently located at 5 Colorado locations near you in Denver, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Aurora, and Englewood. Our motorcycle accident attorneys are ready to serve you and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Additional Motorcycle Accident Resources:
- How Do Car Accidents Compare To Motorcycle Accidents?
- Motorcycle Passenger Laws
- Colorado Motorcycle Laws
Map & Directions
101 W Colfax Ave, Suite 650
Denver, CO 80202