Denver Premises Liability Lawyers
The experienced Denver premises liability lawyers at Bachus & Schanker, LLC can bring a claim for monetary compensation on your behalf. When you’re hurt because of a dangerous property condition, we’re prepared to file your claim, represent your interests throughout the legal process and fight until you have a check in your hands.
We understand that our premises liability lawyers have an important job. We help people who are hurt to exercise their rights. Aggressive, skilled, legal advocacy with compassionate representation and constant communication with our clients are the keys to our success.
What are Types of Premises Liability Cases
Under the legal doctrine known as Premises Liability, property owners are liable for accidents and injuries caused by any dangerous condition that resulted in injury or death.
You may have a premises liability case in any of the following examples:
- Water or debris on the ground that causes a slip and fall accident
- Uneven pavement or sidewalk
- Objects in the path that can cause a spill
- Falling objects from an elevated surface
- Slip and fall accident because of an inadequate railing
- Broken elevator, escalator or hand railings
- Inadequate security that results in crime
- Jostling from too many people allowed on a property
- Poor lighting
- Too many objects or furniture that can cause someone to trip
- Electrical hazards
- Chemical spills
- Items that pose dangers to children like pools, trampolines and other items of amusement
- Other dangerous property conditions
Any kind of danger can be the basis of a premises liability claim. What matters is how the property owner allows the dangerous condition to occur.
Do I Have a Premises Liability Case?
- Invitees – Invitees have the most protection for a safe environment on property. An invitee is someone who enters a property to conduct business with the property owner or manager. For example, when you go out to eat in a restaurant or stay in a hotel, you’re a business invitee. A property owner must actively take steps to inspect their property to identify dangers within a reasonable period of time.
- Mutual guests – When a person comes onto your property for mutual benefit, they are a guest. A neighbor who stops by for a cup of coffee is a mutual guest. Although the standard is not as high for a mutual guest as an invitee, the standards are still high. A property owner may be liable to a mutual guest if they fail to fix a dangerous condition and fail to warn the guest of the danger.
- Trespassers – Even a trespasser has some protections against hazardous conditions on the property. A property owner may not set traps for a trespasser or harm them intentionally. A trespasser might be someone who enters the property without permission or someone who goes into a restricted area of the property.
If the accident occurs because of a dangerous condition on the property, the question is what the property owner did with regards to the dangerous conditions. Were they aware of it? Should they have been aware of it? Did they take preventative measures or take steps to warn people? The exact steps that the property owner needs to take depend on your purpose for entering the property.
What Types of Damages Can be Recovered?
- Medical Bills
- Lost wages
- Physical pain, disfigurement, limitations
- Mental anguish or loss of enjoyment of life
- Damage to personal property
What Is the Legal Process Like When I Hire a Lawyer?
Our legal team will investigate your claim thoroughly so that you understand whether you have a case and why. We provide informed and honest advice about the value of your case and the reasons for our opinion. That allows you to make informed choices about how to proceed with your case and fight for the compensation that you deserve.
When you first meet with our lawyers, we want to learn every detail about you and your case. We start by listening to your story. We ask a series of questions that help us put the pieces together in order to give you sound legal advice. We prepare your court documents and file them. Then, we set to work gathering the evidence and pursuing your legal strategy. When you work with our expert legal team, we’re there to represent you at every stage in the case.
In addition to providing excellent legal services, we also think it’s essential to be great communicators with our clients. You can expect us to be the ones calling you when there are updates in your case or important things to discuss. It’s important to us that you’re comfortable picking up the phone or sending an email when you have a question or a comment. Communication is critical to making sure that our clients understand the legal process. We work together to ensure your success.
Denver Premises Liability Lawyers Free Consultation
Have you been hurt in an accident? Our Denver injury attorneys are dedicated to ensuring that you have the help that you need. We invite you to meet with our Denver premises liability lawyers for your free consultation. See how we can represent you with no fee unless you win. We’re taking new cases, and we want to pursue justice for you. Call or message us today.
Free Case Consultation
No risk and no cost to you or your family
Free Case Consultation
No upfront fees, no risk, and no cost to you or your family