Colorado Springs Slip and Fall Attorneys
The Colorado Springs slip and fall attorneys at Bachus & Schanker, LLC, are dedicated to helping accident victims receive fair compensation. When a slip and fall accident causes injuries and interrupts your life, we’re here to make sure you get the compensation you deserve. You must take legal action in order to receive a judgment in your favor.
Our experienced Colorado Springs personal injury attorneys can represent you and fight for the monetary relief you need after a slip and fall accident. Call our Colorado Springs legal team today at (719) 888-8888 for a free consultation.
Do I Have a Slip and Fall Case?
Here are some examples:
- Object in the Path – A family is shopping at a store. As they walk down an aisle, one of the family members trips over a tub of peanut butter. The peanut butter fell off the shelf. It sat there for two hours before the family encountered it. The injured party suffers a concussion and severe bruising.
- Slippery Surface – You’re walking in a department store. The store recently had the surfaces refinished, which are very slick. You trip and fall, sustaining a broken arm as well as cuts and bruises. When you investigate, you find that the store accidentally used the wrong finish to complete the work. The mistake made the surface too slippery.
- Spills That Aren’t Cleaned Up – When you run into the gas station, you slip and fall on a fountain drink that someone spilled. Even though store workers saw the spill, they were overworked with customers and too few employees. They didn’t do anything to clean up the spill or put warning signs out for an hour. You break your hip in the fall.
A slip and fall can happen on a level surface. It may also occur from an elevated surface. The problem may be with the surface itself, or the fall may occur because of an object in someone’s path. Each case requires individual evaluation of the property owner’s actions compared to the legal standards that apply.
What Can Be Recovered for Slip and Fall Compensation?
- Complete reimbursement for all medical expenses related to the accident, including emergency and long-term care
- Rehabilitation care
- Psychological care for PTSD, anxiety and flashbacks
- Lost wages; lost career trajectory
- Costs for transportation relating to medical appointments
- Payment for the physical pain associated with your injuries
- Compensation for emotional suffering and mental injuries
Although financial compensation alone can’t fix your injuries or undo the damage, it can help meet your expenses and provide for loved ones that depend on you. It can also give you some measure of justice for what you’ve endured.
Our team of Colorado Springs slip and fall attorneys can give you an informed opinion regarding your case. Figuring out each case’s value is an individual determination that depends on exactly what happened and what your injuries are.
How Do You Prove a Slip and Fall Case?
- Duty of Care – The defendant had a responsibility to keep their property safe. Usually, this is the property owner who allows a dangerous condition to exist on their property.
- Breach of the Duty of Care – You show how the property owner failed to live up to their obligation to keep the property safe. The exact standard depends on whether you’re a customer or a social guest.
- An Accident Occurred – Because of the breach of duty of care, an accident happened. You show how the dangerous condition made you fall and caused your injuries.
- You’re Injured – To have a slip and fall claim, you must have injuries. You need to prove that you have damages and establish the value of those damages.
Our Colorado Springs slip and fall attorneys are experienced in determining what damages are in a slip and fall case. We develop a plan on your behalf to prove each element of the case and the amount of compensation that you deserve.
Best Slip and Fall Attorneys in Colorado Springs
We believe that we provide the best legal representation for slip and fall victims in Colorado Springs. Here are just a few reasons why we stand apart:
- Our legal team is 26 attorneys and 100 support members strong. Our large team allows us to handle a diverse caseload and a wide range of unique issues that may arise in your case.
- Our firm leaders have been named to Super Lawyers for 10 years.
- Membership in Top Lawyers Denver and The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
- Our attorneys focus their entire practice on accident cases.
- A modern law firm with a personal approach that communicates on your terms.
- You can always reach the attorneys who are directly handling your case.
- We provide compassionate representation with an aggressive legal strategy.
We understand how difficult it is to be a slip and fall accident victim. That’s why we pursue your case in the legal system on your behalf so that you can focus on your recovery.
Colorado Springs Slip and Fall Attorneys Free Consultations
Your case begins with a free consultation. It’s confidential, and there’s no obligation. Meet our team and learn how we can help you get the compensation you deserve. We invite you to use our messaging app or call us at (719) 888-8888 to get started.
Additional Slip and Fall Resources:
Free Case Consultation
No risk and no cost to you or your family
Free Case Consultation
No upfront fees, no risk, and no cost to you or your family