Fort Collins: Personal Injury Attorney
Accident victims shouldn’t have to pay for medical care, property damage, or other accident-related expenses out of pocket. Unfortunately, insurance companies don’t always treat injury victims fairly. If you’ve suffered a personal injury due to another party’s negligence, you may qualify to bring a legal claim for compensation.
Don’t let the insurance adjusters pressure you to accept less than you deserve. Our Fort Collins personal injury lawyers will fight for the financial support you need now.
Bachus & Schanker Wins – Over $1 Billion Recovered
What makes a good personal injury lawyer?
If you’re wondering what to look for when choosing a personal injury attorney, there are several factors to consider. First, you should find a lawyer who specializes in personal injury cases. You will also want to check their experience, success rates, and what types of services are included with their representation. Your injury attorney should also treat you with the dignity and respect you deserve.
At the law office of Bachus & Schanker in Fort Collins, Colorado, we work exclusively with injury victims and their families to get the maximum compensation for their losses. With our attorneys on your side, you get:
- Over 25 years of experience and legal expertise in the personal injury field
- A record of more than $1 billion in settlements and verdicts for our clients
- A team of legal professionals who are available around the clock
- Experience with investigations, negotiations, litigation, and trial representation
- Deep community ties to Colorado nonprofits and local charities
- In-depth knowledge of the law and the Fort Collins court system
- A reputation for attorney-client relationships based on trust and support
What should I do if I am injured in Fort Collins, CO?
If you sustain injuries after an accident in Fort Collins, taking the proper steps can help you claim compensation through the legal system. Here’s what you should do if you’ve been injured:
- Get medical care and follow through with treatment.
- Gather evidence from the accident scene, including pictures and contact information of other parties involved.
- Make an official accident report and complete any additional reports available for your situation.
- Document your injuries and all other damages throughout the recovery process.
- Speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer to learn more about your legal options.
When another person’s negligence causes your injuries and losses, you may qualify to bring a personal injury claim for compensation. Contact our personal injury attorneys for a free consultation to see what your claim may be worth.
What types of personal injury cases do we handle?
Our firm focuses exclusively on helping accident victims get the compensation they deserve. We handle personal injury claims involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall cases
- Medical malpractice
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) cases
- Workers’ compensation
- Defective products
- Wrongful death
- Dog Bites
How much does a personal injury attorney in Fort Collins charge?
The Bachus & Schanker team is passionate about justice and believes every injury victim deserves affordable legal representation. That’s why we work on contingency fees and never expect payment upfront. If you don’t win your case, you do not owe us. Instead, our fee is based on a percentage of the compensation we secure through our legal services.
If you have questions about our standard fee structure and how much you can expect to receive from your personal injury claim, contact our team to schedule a free consultation.
How much is my Fort Collins injury case worth?
Every personal injury case is unique and can vary significantly based on the victim’s damages, injury severity, the type of accident, and the victim’s prognosis. Typically, you can claim compensation for the following damages:
- Medical expenses
- Cost of future medical care
- Property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Disfigurement and other permanent injuries
- Punitive damages (in some cases)
Our team can help determine what damages you’re eligible to claim, the full value of those damages, and what compensation you deserve. Contact us to schedule your no-obligation case evaluation to learn more.
How can I prove damages in a personal injury claim?
When taking legal action through a personal injury claim, you must have strong evidence to support your case and prove legal fault. If you can show that the responsible party was negligent, you may stand to receive compensation for your damages.
Some types of evidence that can help you prove damages are:
- Images or surveillance footage of the accident
- Pictures from the accident scene
- Statements from accident witnesses
- Documentation of your injuries and property damage
- Expert witness testimony
- Official medical records to show the extent of your injuries
You and your attorney must also prove all four elements of negligence to make your case, including:
- Duty – The defendant had a duty of care.
- Breach of duty – The duty of care was breached.
- Causation – The breach of duty caused the injury.
- Damages – The victim sustained losses due to the accident.
Working with an attorney can help you build a strong case and increase your chances of getting fair compensation for your damages.
Is there a personal injury lawyer near me in Fort Collins?
If you need a personal injury attorney in Fort Collins, CO, Bachus & Schanker is ready to help. We’ll fight for your rights and ensure you get the maximum settlement for your injuries and suffering. We can also represent you in court if your case goes to trial and handle all negotiations on your behalf.
The legal system can be complex. Let our team provide the advocacy and support you need while you recover from your injuries. Contact us now to schedule your free consultation to learn more about our services.