CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT INJURY
Accidents on construction sites are often severe and life-changing for victims and their families. With multiple compensation systems (workers’ compensation and private lawsuits)and even government agencies involved, construction accident cases can also be complex.
Our compassionate team of construction accident lawyers understands the intricacies and the importance of having an informed legal strategy. We have the experience, skill and dedication to fight for your rights until you have the compensation you deserve. Contact our team now for a no-obligation consultation on your case.
Bachus & Schanker Wins – Over $1 Billion Recovered
Construction Accident Claims and Lawsuits
Construction accident claims and lawsuits are a way for victims to receive justice and fair financial compensation after a workplace injury. The victim may receive medical treatment at no cost to them. They may access rehabilitation services and future medical care. In addition, the victim may receive replacement income if they are unable to work because of their injuries.
Common Causes of Construction Accidents
Construction sites are full of hazardous conditions that can result in injuries to construction workers or others on the premises. Here are the most common construction accidents that may qualify for compensation:
- Falling objects and debris
- Motor vehicle accidents (Learn more from our Denver car accident lawyers)
- Slip and falls
- Electric shock, fires and burns, explosions
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Hazardous materials exposure
- Inhaling dust and harmful fumes
- Poor training for workers
- Not having enough workers
- Neglecting to vet employees and determine qualifications appropriately
- Ear injuries and hearing damage
- Failing to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
If you’ve suffered an injury due to one of these reasons, contact our experienced team of construction accident attorneys in Denver. We can help you fight for the financial relief you need and hold the responsible party accountable.
What Can I Receive in Workers’ Compensation for a Construction Accident?
Workers’ compensation for a construction accident may include:
- Medical care
- Replacement income (a percentage of lost wages)
- Temporary disability payments
- Permanent disability compensation
- Vocational rehabilitation
To receive paid medical care, you may need to get treatment from an approved provider. Be sure to carefully review the information provided to ensure you receive the benefits that you deserve.
However, if your claim is a third-party claim, you may also qualify to receive compensation for pain and suffering, mental anguish and other non-economic damages. Contact our construction accident lawyers to learn more. We will fully value your case to claim the maximum compensation available to you under the law.
Why Work With a Construction Accident Lawyer?
What you say and do after an accident can significantly impact the outcome of your case. Even things that you say unintentionally may be taken out of context for the responsible parties to avoid payment. Plus, there may be multiple avenues of compensation available to you. It can be hard to know what path to pursue.
At Bachus & Schanker, LLC, our Colorado construction accident attorneys are experienced, dedicated professionals. We’ve built a full-service law firm with generous resources devoted to helping accident victims get results.
With a large team of attorneys and legal paraprofessionals, we provide personalized representation that is always customized to meet your needs. Our legal team works to get the job done for construction accident victims. Get to know us by reading our firm credentials.
What Type of Legal Claim Is a Construction Accident Case?
A construction accident case may be any of the following types of legal claims:
- Workers’ compensation – Workers’ compensation is an insurance system. By requiring employers to have insurance, payments should be readily available to injured workers without proving the employer is at fault for the accident. Compensation may include lost income and paid medical care, including rehabilitation efforts. Work with our workers’ compensation lawyers to ensure your claim is handled correctly.
- Third-party negligence claim – Construction sites often involve many parties. With contractors, subcontractors and a host of suppliers involved, a third party may have a legal liability to the victim through negligence. If another person or party commits an act of negligence that causes the accident and the injury, the victim may pursue compensation for non-economic damages like pain and suffering.
- Product liability claim – Sometimes, construction accidents happen because of dangerous and malfunctioning products. A product liability attorney can help you examine possible causes for an accident, including whether any party may be held legally liable for a defective product.
Why Choose the Construction Injury Lawyers of Bachus & Schanker?
Here are some of the reasons that our clients choose our team of construction injury lawyers:
- It’s our goal to level the playing field for injured victims. That’s why we’re advocates for workers, consumers and individual victims. Rest assured that you have an experienced team fighting for you.
- We have earned professional recognition for our client success, including recognitions from Martindale-Hubbell, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Super Lawyers and more.
- We offer services throughout Colorado, including Denver, the Denver Metropolitan Area, Fort Collins, Loveland, Colorado Springs, Boulder, Broomfield and Englewood.
- We are committed to making our community a better place, including the Bachus & Schanker Cares Foundation.
- Dedication and respect. When you work with our team of attorneys, you can expect to be treated with the care and respect that you deserve. We personally choose the right team that is best for you, your legal needs and your communication preferences. You’re on a first-name basis with our legal team throughout your case, and you can always reach out.
- We’re trial lawyers. At Bachus & Schanker, we’re willing to do whatever it takes to get justice for you. If it’s best to take your case to trial, know that we have extensive experience in the courtroom. At our core, we’re trial litigators who fight in court for our clients.
- We also work to negotiate favorable settlements for our clients when appropriate. While our team fights for your rights, it’s ultimately up to you to determine your litigation goals and how to resolve your case. Learn about our Elite Litigation Group for catastrophic injuries and complex legal issues.
- A contingency fee basis may be available in your case. It’s one of our priorities to ensure that every victim has access to high-quality legal representation. Explore how we can represent you with no fee upfront and no cost for services unless you win. All fee agreements are made in writing.
Colorado Attorneys for Construction Accidents Free Consultation
Have you been hurt in a construction accident in Colorado? Let us guide you through a claim and the lawsuit process of suing a construction company for injury. Together, let’s work for the best results for you and your family. We’re ready to fight for justice. Contact us today to begin your case. We are conveniently located at 5 Colorado locations near you in Denver, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Aurora, and Englewood. Our attorneys are ready to serve you and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Related Workers Compensation Resources
Written and Legally Reviewed By: Kyle Bachus
4.6 ★★★★★ 1,461 Google Reviews
Kyle is a member of the Colorado and Florida Bar associations and has served on the Board of Directors of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association for more than twenty years in total. Over the years, Kyle has achieved justice for many clients. He has served on numerous committees and repeatedly won recognition from his peers at both the state and national level. He is proud of the role he has played in the passage of state and national legislation to protect consumers and is a frequent speaker and guest lecturer.