Being involved in a car accident can be scary for anyone, regardless of how minor or severe the injuries and damages may be. With that said, it’s important to contact an experienced car accident injury attorney in Colorado as soon as possible so you can have peace of mind knowing you have a professional handling your case’s legal aspects.
What do I do if I get in a car accident in Colorado?
If you get in a car accident in Colorado, it’s important for you to contact a car accident attorney as soon as possible. Having an attorney in your corner early on in your car accident claim can help you build a stronger and likely more successful argument against the defendant responsible for causing the accident.
Our professionally trained Colorado car accident attorneys at Bachus & Schanker are capable of handling anything your case may throw at us, regardless of how intimidating or complex it may seem.
Do I need a car accident attorney?
More often than not, the answer to this question is: “Yes!” Handling a car accident lawsuit can be difficult for anyone, even for some attorneys, so you certainly do not want to deal with your own lawsuit without any professional guidance from a car accident injury lawyer.
Some of the many situations in which hiring a car accident attorney is recommended include:
- Time constraints: There are specific statutes of limitations within which you must file a lawsuit after a car accident. A car accident injury attorney ensures all necessary paperwork is filed within these time constraints.
- The complexity of legal proceedings: The legal process is complicated and intimidating, which is why having a lawyer handle your claim will ensure your case is handled thoroughly and smoothly
- Severe injuries or long-term disabilities: These types of injuries in a car accident often lead to significant medical expenses, ongoing treatment needs, loss of income, and considerable pain and suffering. Having an experienced car accident attorney fight for your rights not only allows you to focus on your recovery but also guarantees you will receive compensation for your costly medical expenses and damages.
- Disputed liability: Having an attorney is necessary in situations where the question of who is at fault for the accident is prevalent
- Insurance company denial or unfair offers: Insurance companies are notorious for minimizing settlements or wrongfully denying claims altogether. An experienced car accident lawyer knows how and when to recognize an insurance company’s ingenuity and will be able to have strong negotiations on your behalf.
What can a car accident attorney do for me?
Selecting the right attorney for you can be a tricky process, as your car accident injury lawsuit is a very personal and sensitive issue that you want to be treated with the utmost care and professionalism. While looking for an attorney, be sure to seek one with the following qualities:
- Strong communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Trial experience
- Empathy and compassion
- Proven results
- Client focus
How can a car accident injury lawyer in Colorado help me?
A well-trained car accident attorney, especially one from Bachus & Schanker, can provide essential and invaluable guidance throughout your lawsuit in many ways. The biggest thing a car accident attorney can offer clients is diligent representation in protecting the victim’s rights and negotiating maximum compensation for the damages.
Our car accident attorneys are well-versed in the Colorado legal system and thoroughly understand state laws relating to personal injuries, insurance claims, and car accident injury claims. This experience allows our attorneys to handle your lawsuit confidently and build a strong argument in your favor, regardless of how complex it may be.
In addition to understanding the Colorado justice system, here at Bachus & Schanker, our attorneys thoroughly understand how insurance companies work and how to navigate their many tactics to minimize car accident claims. Our negotiation skills make our team unmatched in terms of what a car accident attorney can offer you regarding settlement discussions and obtaining maximum compensation for your claims.
What is the average car accident settlement in Colorado?
While it can be difficult to answer this question given the many factors involved in determining car accident settlements, the average Colorado car accident settlement is approximately 1.5 times your financial losses. This is because car accident victims have the right to fully recover any financial losses plus any additional non-economic damages that may be available.
For more serious injuries, accident victims can receive even higher compensation for non-economic damages such as pain and suffering. An experienced attorney will help you ensure you are adequately compensated in any way possible.
Can Bachus & Schanker help me?
Most importantly, we understand the trauma that comes along with being the victim of a car accident claim, and we want to ensure your case is handled professionally and efficiently. We want you to focus on your recovery while allowing us to do what we do best — reach a settlement and fight for your rights! You also don’t have to worry about a car accident injury lawyer cost upfront with us since you don’t have to pay until we win your case. If you believe an accident attorney may be needed for your recent Colorado car accident, contact Bachus & Schanker to schedule a free consultation today!
Barrett, S. Types of Personal Injury Damages and Compensation.
O’Neill, C. Civil Statute of Limitations.