Darin L. Schanker is an original shareholder and founding partner of Bachus & Schanker, LLC, and actively litigates cases involving catastrophic injuries, wrongful death and insurance fraud. These cases necessitate the counsel of an experienced products liability, semi-Truck Accident, Insurance Bad Faith and automobile accident attorney familiar with Colorado state law. In addition to his work in the courtroom, he is actively involved in campaigning for consumer rights.
Mr. Schanker only represents victims and their families. He actively litigates cases involving catastrophic injuries, wrongful death, and insurance fraud. Darin Schanker is experienced in both trial practice and appellate work and has litigated cases across the country.
Mr. Schanker is the past president of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association ("CTLA"). In 2003, Darin Schanker was named the Outstanding Trial Attorney for the State of Colorado by the CTLA. Founded in 1953, the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association is the state's largest specialty bar association and is comprised of Colorado attorneys who are committed to the protection and advancement of individual rights and the advancement of trial advocacy skills, high ethical standards and professionalism in the ongoing effort to preserve and improve the American system of jurisprudence. Additionally, Mr. Schanker has testified at numerous hearing in support of legislation to protect consumers' rights.
Mr. Schanker is a frequent lecturer on trial practice for statewide Continuing Legal Education seminars for the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association and the Continuing Legal Education Committee of the Colorado Bar Association. He has also served as a lecturer for the National Business Institute on law-related topics.
Mr. Schanker has also been recognized as an AV-rated attorney — the highest rating assigned to individual attorneys by the Martindale Hubbell publication. Martindale Hubbell Ratings are assigned according to peer review and attest to a lawyer's legal ability and professional ethics. According to Martindale Hubbell, an AV Peer Review Rating is a certification marking a significant accomplishment and serves as a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence. Additionally, a lawyer must be admitted to the bar for 10 years or more to receive an AV-rating.
In addition to his work in the courtroom, Mr. Schanker is actively involved in campaigning for consumer rights. He has drafted and lobbied for consumer-friendly legislation, and has offered testimony at the Capitol on various insurance law-related topics.
In addition to representing victims in a number of personal injury claims, including automobile accidents and Medical Malpractice, Mr. Schanker is a dedicated lawyer whose personal philosophy incorporates a strong commitment to serving his clients and the Colorado community. He supports numerous non-profit organizations that are committed to the less privileged and disabled.
Awards, Seminars and Publications
- "Litigation Threats in Ambulatory Surgery Centers," Colorado Ambulatory Surgery Center Association Spring Education Conference (2012)
- "Twelve Lessons from Recent Jury Trials," CTLA Blockbuster Seminar (2012)
- "How to Present Your Witness and Handle the Adversary" Colorado Bar Association CLE, 2011
- "Personal Injury Damages" CTLA Summer Convention, August 2011
- "Uninsured Motorist Insurance Law" Colorado Bar Association CLE, 2011
- "Plaintiff's Personal Injury from Start to Finish", National Business Institute Seminar, 2010
- "Tort Law Update Program", Colorado Bar Association, 2010
- "Understanding the Law of Damages", National Business Institute Seminar, 2009
- "Trial of the Plaintiff's Attorney Case", National Business Institute Seminar, 2009
- "Advanced Underinsured/Uninsured Motorist Law", National Business Institute Seminar, 2009
- "Tort Law Update Program", Colorado Bar Association, 2009
- Named as, 5280 Magazine's Super Lawyer, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- "State of the Association," CTLA Blockbuster Seminar, January 2008
- "Inauguration Address," CTLA Summer Convention, August 2007
- "A Word from the President," Trial Talk Magazine, monthly column, 2007-2008
- "Personal Injury Firm from A to Z," National Business Institute, December 2007
- "Insurance Law from A to Z," National Business Institute, Summer 2007
- "Staying Lean, Mean and Successful," CTLA Blockbuster Seminar, Winter 2006
- "Presenting Damages in a Personal Injury Case," CTLA Summer Conference, 2006
- "Catastrophic Losses - What is Covered?" National Business Institute Insurance Coverage Trends Seminar, May 2006
- "Presenting Non-Economic Damages at Trial," CTLA Summer Conference, 2006
- "Drafting and Presenting Jury Instructions at Trial," Colorado Judicial Seminar, Spring 2005
- "Winning Strategies for Proving Damages in the Colorado Personal Injury Case," National Business Institute CLE 2005
- "Admissibility of Evidence and Expert Testimony in Colorado," National Business Institute 2004
- "Premises Liability: Preparation and Trial of a Difficult Case in Colorado," National Business Institute CLE 2004
- "Economically Feasible Ways to Try Your Case," CTLA Blockbuster 2004
- "Admissibility of Evidence and Expert Testimony in Colorado," National Business Institute 2003
- "Trial Successes and Failures," CTLA CLE 2002
- "Using Focus Groups: Mock Trial Presentation," CTLA CLE 2002
- "Using Accident Reconstruction and Biomechanical Experts after Schultz," Colorado Bar Association CLE 2001
- "Case Review Adian vs. Pedraza," CTLA Blockbuster Seminar 2001.
- Order of St. Ives.