PRODUCT LIABILITY CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS IN COLORADO
Bachus & Schanker Wins – Over $1 Billion Recovered
Class Action Lawsuits in Colorado
Class action lawsuits are legal claims brought by a large number of victims at the same time. The victims pool their resources to pursue justice in a fast and efficient manner. If you think you may have a class action lawsuit, or if you have questions about participating in a case, our Colorado class action lawsuit attorneys are here to represent you.
What Is a Class Action Lawsuit?
Class action lawsuits are a special type of legal action. They may be based on personal injury, breach of contract, fraud, dangerous products or several other types of cases. What they all have in common is that there are many victims in the same situation. When victims have similar losses based on the same fault of the defendant, a class action lawsuit is often the most appropriate way to resolve the case.
Attorney for Class Action Lawsuits in Colorado
If you have questions about your rights surrounding a class action lawsuit, or if you may need representation, please call us at (303) 222-2222 for a free consultation. Bachus & Schanker, LLC, has an expert team of class action lawsuit attorneys. When you need help, we’re prepared to represent your rights and interests and pursue justice in the best way possible.
Current Class Actions
Below is a list of current class action lawsuits for which the attorneys at Bachus & Schanker, LLC, in Denver, Colorado are screening potential clients for participation:
- Zantac (Ranitidine) – On April 1st, 2020, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has asked the manufacturers of the antacid Zantac to voluntarily recall the medication due to testing which has indicated that the medication Zantac may contain undisclosed high levels of N-Nitrosodimethylamine or NDMA.
- Belviq (Lorcaserin) – The FDA has asked the manufacturers of the weight loss drug Belviq and its subsidiary product Belviq XR to voluntarily recall the medication due to studies that indicate it has been linked to a higher risk of cancer.
What Are The Types of Class Action Lawsuits?
Any kind of legal action can be a class action lawsuit. The key is how many plaintiffs are involved who have similar types of claims. Here are some examples of class action lawsuits:
- Unreasonably dangerous products like tobacco
- Business practices to limit competition and keep prices artificially high
- Car accidents because of defects to vehicles
- Employment Disputes including wage & hour, age discrimination, and unequal pay discrimination
- Unfair and threatening debt collection practices
- Pharmaceutical harm, dangerous prescription drugs, medical devices and medical malpractice
- Harassment from salespeople including phone calls, texts and spam
- Environmental contamination
- Hidden fees and deceptive business operations
When an individual would have a legal claim based on their own experience, there may be many people who have the same kind of legal claim. When a large number of plaintiffs exist, the case may become a class action lawsuit. Any kind of legal claim can be grounds for a class action lawsuit if the case meets the standards for a large number of victims.
Class Action Laws in Colorado
Colorado class action laws are found in the Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure Rule 23. The law states that a class action may be appropriate where there are so many plaintiffs that it is impractical to litigate the claims separately. The Colorado Rules of Civil Procedure for class action lawsuits create a number of rules that litigants must follow to pursue this type of claim:
- The victims must have common legal issues
- It must be expected that the defenses to each case are similar
- Pooling the cases together can adequately represent the rights of all of the victims
- The plaintiff must petition the court to certify a class
- There must be deliberate efforts to notify all of the members of the class that the case is ongoing
While these are the rules specifically for Colorado, there are similar rules for class action cases in other states. In fact, what jurisdiction should hear the case is an important question that can significantly impact the outcome for the victims. It’s critical to follow the steps in order to bring the action.
At Bachus & Schanker, LLC, we are experienced class action lawsuit attorneys. We can help you follow all of the steps involved with bringing a case, including resolving jurisdictional questions. Whether your case is in Colorado or elsewhere, we have the training and experience necessary to identify legal issues and pursue the case in the best possible way.
Opting Out of a Class Action Lawsuit in Colorado
If you’re a victim with a legal claim, you may decide to opt out of a class action lawsuit. You may conclude that the class cannot adequately represent your rights. In this situation, you can notify the court hearing the class action case that you have decided to pursue your own case independently.
Opting out of a class is a big decision. When done correctly, it can mean recovering more than you stand to receive within the class. However, opting out can also mean that you recover less than you may have recovered by participating in the class.
If you’re considering opting out of a class, contact our class action lawsuit attorneys for an independent consultation. We can give you an objective opinion about whether it’s best to participate in the class or opt out. Time limits apply to file the paperwork to opt out, so it’s essential to act quickly if you think that you may not want to participate in a class action.
What You Can Recover For a Class Action Lawsuit in Colorado
What you can recover for a class action lawsuit is the same as what you can recover for an individual lawsuit. In a class action lawsuit, you may recover the following:
- Economic damages like medical bills, rehabilitation costs and lost income
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Compensation for harassment, deception and being misled
- Costs to repair damages or deal with the fallout of the defendant’s poor actions
- Any other kind of compensation that you may deserve under the law
The exact compensation you can receive for a class action lawsuit is specific to the kind of case that you have. For example, the types of damages that you have for a car accident that results from a defective part are going to be different than damages that you have for unfair debt collection practices. Also, your damages largely depend on the specific losses that you and other victims suffer. Our Colorado class action lawsuit attorneys can give you an evaluation of your case and what you stand to recover.
Class Action Lawsuits Free Consultation
Your case begins with a free consultation with our legal team. Don’t wait to contact us about your potential case. We are conveniently located at 5 Colorado locations near you in Denver, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Aurora, and Englewood.
Our class action lawsuit attorneys in Colorado offer free, confidential consultations. Don’t wait any longer to get the compensation that you deserve. Let us help you fight for justice. Call or use our messaging feature to get started today.
Class Action Lawsuits Legal Reviews
Related Class Action Lawsuits Resources
You Deserve Fair Compensation
Don’t let the insurance companies intimidate you into accepting less than you deserve. We’re ready to fight for you.
Written and Legally Reviewed By: Kyle Bachus
4.6 ★★★★★ 1,461 Google Reviews
Kyle is a member of the Colorado and Florida Bar associations and has served on the Board of Directors of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association for more than twenty years in total. Over the years, Kyle has achieved justice for many clients. He has served on numerous committees and repeatedly won recognition from his peers at both the state and national level. He is proud of the role he has played in the passage of state and national legislation to protect consumers and is a frequent speaker and guest lecturer.