Get a Free Evaluation of Pedestrian Accident Case!
Get a Pedestrian Accident Case Evaluation!
Over $900 Million Recovered.
No Upfront Fee.
Consultation is Free | No hourly fees
No upfront expenses | Only Pay When We Win
Get a Free Pedestrian Accident Case Evaluation!
Trusted Since 1996
Englewood Practice Areas
A pedestrian accident can cause serious injuries and interrupt your life. If you’re a victim, you may wonder how to provide for your medical care and living expenses. You may have a family that depends on you. If you’re hurt in an Englewood pedestrian accident, you may deserve monetary compensation. Let our Englewood pedestrian accident attorneys represent you to claim the financial compensation that you deserve.
Pedestrian accident lawyers in Englewood
We’re a team of pedestrian accident lawyers in Englewood. The Bachus & Schanker, LLC team was founded to help accident victims. When you’re hurt, you need someone to fight for you. Whether you have no experience with the legal system, or you know how a legal claim works, pursuing financial compensation when you’re hurt in an accident can be daunting.
Our team is experienced and fully equipped. Justice is our passion. We go the extra mile for our clients. We’re proud to be the pedestrian accident lawyers in Englewood that you can turn to for professional, aggressive legal representation.
Free consultation Englewood pedestrian accident attorneys
The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can work to preserve evidence and pursue your claim. There are time limits that apply in pedestrian accident claims. When you contact us, you can expect friendly, understanding attorneys who want to help you get results. There’s never a cost for your free consultation with our Englewood pedestrian accident attorneys.
Ask how we can represent you on a contingency basis. That means you owe nothing for our services until you have a check in your hands. There’s no cost to call and no obligation. Call or message us today. (Remove appointments available. Contact is not required.)
Here are some of the main causes of pedestrian accidents:
- Failing to observe traffic signals
- DUI and driving under the influence of drugs
- Drag racing
- Poor lighting
- Obstructions that prevent drivers and pedestrians from seeing each other
- Not observing crosswalks and pedestrian zones
- Texting while driving/distracted driving
- Failing to allow the pedestrian to have the right of way in a crosswalk
- Poor vehicle maintenance
Any of these causes can be the basis of a pedestrian accident legal claim.
Yes, a pedestrian can sue if hit by a car if the driver is responsible for the accident. The standard to bring a claim depends on state law. In some states, there are minimum injury levels that apply. However, Colorado is an at-fault state. That means, whenever a driver causes an accident that hurts a pedestrian in Colorado, the victim may have a legal claim for damages. Whether a pedestrian can sue if hit by a car depends on the cause of the accident, the victim’s injuries and state law that applies to the claim.
Colorado has strong laws that protect pedestrian accident victims in Englewood. Drivers are expected to use reasonable care at all times on the road. They are expected to be aware of the road conditions and the traffic in the area. They must follow traffic laws at all times.
Proving a case means showing how the driver is at fault for the accident and that the victim has damages. Each case is different. You deserve a legal strategy that is unique to your case. Our attorneys for Englewood pedestrian accidents are prepared to work diligently to gather the evidence you need to make your claim successful.
The laws for Colorado pedestrian accidents are based on negligence. That just means that drivers may be legally liable when their driving mistakes cause an accident. Negligence is the lack of ordinary care. When a driver is unreasonably careless, and when that carelessness is the reason for an accident, there may be legal liability.
The accident victim has the legal burden of proof. They must have the evidence to prove that the driver is at fault for the accident. Our team of Englewood pedestrian accident attorneys can work to gather the evidence to prove the case.
There is no typical settlement for a hit pedestrian because injuries can vary. The value of a pedestrian accident case is based on a number of factors including:
- The medical bills of the victim
- Whether the victim can continue to work
- Pain and suffering of the victim
- Changes to lifestyle from physical limitations
- Property damage
- Mental anguish and injury
A settlement is unique to each pedestrian accident victim. Injuries can be significant in any case involving a vehicle and a person on foot. Your rights include claiming future damages. Don’t discount the value of your claim. Meet with our attorneys for an informed review of all of the damages that you may qualify to claim in your case.
Our Englewood pedestrian accident attorneys want you to get results. Through representing thousands of clients over the years, we have gained the experience to make the difference for you. Let our team of professionals customize a legal strategy on your behalf. Here are some of the ways that an Englewood pedestrian accident attorney can help you:
- We can guide you through the immediate aftermath of an accident including gathering and preserving evidence
- Guidance to the appropriate medical care to document your injuries
- Notifying the insurance company of the accident and your claim
- Handling all communications with the other parties involved
- Creating your summons and complaint to formally start the case
- Serving the other side with legal documents
- Contacting witnesses, conducting depositions
- Requiring the other party to produce evidence
- Speaking at court hearings on your behalf
- Addressing issues that are unique to pedestrian accident cases
- Knowledge of the local Englewood courts
- Determining the value of your case
- Pursuing settlement negotiations
- Informed counsel about the best course of action to take in your case
- Trial, if needed; preliminary arguments, jury selection, presentation of evidence
- Collection of your judgment
- Help structuring your judgment in order to meet your short-term and long-term needs
At Bachus & Schanker, LLC, we’re a full-service law firm. We can help you with every task needed to claim compensation for your pedestrian accident claim. It’s our goal to be your advocates and guides throughout your case.
“I had a great experience working with Bachus and Shanker. They were very professional and easy to talk to. Great communication throughout the entire case. A wonderful advocate to have on my side during a difficult time. I would highly recommend Bachus and Shanker if you were injured in an auto accident. My team made me feel confident and comfortable throughout. Thank you for all of your help.”
– Pam Bonda Rust
Bachus & Schanker, LLC: Englewood
500 W Hampden Ave.
Englewood, CO 80110 Open 24/7
GET A FREE Pedestrian Accident Case CONSULTATION
We Get Real Results for You
Auto Accident Death
Slip and Fall
Slip and Fall
Insurance Bad Faith
Slip and Fall
Slip and Fall
Contact us today for your Free Case Evaluation
101 W Colfax Ave, Suite 650
Denver, CO 80202
123 N College Ave, Suite 200
Fort Collins, CO 80524
102 S. Tejon Street, 11th Floor
Colorado Springs CO 80903
500 W Hampden Ave.