Worker’s Compensation Lawyers in Fort Collins
Were you hurt on the job? Are you having trouble receiving compensation? Do you want to know if you’re getting all the compensation that you deserve?
A workplace injury is a devastating event. We’re Fort Collins worker’s compensation attorneys, and we’re here to help you fight for justice. Our team can represent you in your worker’s compensation case to make sure that you get paid fairly and quickly when you’re hurt on the job. If your employer or the insurance company tries to deny your claim, we can help you fight back.
Call our Fort Collins worker’s compensation lawyers today at (970) 222-2222 for a free consultation.
Experienced Fort Collins Worker’s Compensation Attorneys
Our Fort Collins worker’s compensation attorneys at Bachus & Schanker, LLC are trained legal professionals and skilled at representing work injury victims. In fact, handling Colorado personal injury cases is all we do. Our Fort Collins worker’s compensation attorneys have the skills and experience to get the results you need.
It’s frustrating when your employer gives you the runaround after a work injury. You deserve fast processing of the claim. All victims should receive the full compensation that they deserve under the law. Our Fort Collins worker’s compensation attorneys take every step to ensure that you get the compensation that you deserve.
What Is a Workers Compensation Claim?
However, employers don’t always treat you fairly. They may try to make the process difficult, hoping that you give up, or they simply refuse to pay you what they should. However, you are not alone. A worker’s compensation claim is the process of demanding fair compensation.
Do I Have a Workers Compensation Claim?
Here are some examples of workers compensation claims:
- As you are moving heavy objects, one of them falls and strikes you. You suffer broken bones and have a concussion as a result. Because of the injuries, you’re unable to return to work for three months.
- One of your job duties is to drive equipment. A piece of equipment malfunctions and you’re in a severe accident. You need knee surgery, and the recovery process takes several weeks.
- At your job, you’re exposed to fumes. After working at your job for several years, you develop lung cancer. Lung cancer rates in your industry are higher than they are for the general population.
- Your position requires lifting heavy objects. Your employer requires you to lift more and more each day. Eventually, you develop a strain in your back. You’re unable to continue doing the work.
- You work in customer service. A customer becomes angry and hits you. You suffer bruising and a broken nose.
Almost any kind of work-related accident qualifies for worker’s compensation. With the exception of horseplay, all workplace injuries may be the basis of a worker’s claim. If you require medical treatment or miss work, you deserve relief through the worker’s compensation system.
The legal standards to win compensation for workplace injuries are not as strict as they are in the traditional personal injury system. Colorado laws protect employees. As long as you’re performing services for your employer at the time the injury occurs, you likely have a strong claim for compensation. Even if you have a pre-existing condition that gets worse because of your employment, it can be the grounds for a claim.
What Can I Recover in a Worker’s Compensation Claim?
Second, you deserve payment for your lost income. When you’re unable to work, you are owed compensation. You will receive a percentage of your income for the period of time that you are disabled. Determining the amount that you deserve may be a complex undertaking. Too many employers try to get away with paying too little. Fortunately, you can fight back by bringing a worker’s compensation claim.
How Our Fort Collins Workers Compensation Attorneys Can Help You
When you work with our Fort Collins worker’s compensation attorneys, we assist you with your case from start to finish. Here are some of the ways that our attorneys help our clients:
- Guiding you through the reporting process
- Helping you get the right medical care to document your eligibility; independent medical evaluations if needed
- Determining what you should receive in benefits; performing complex calculations to arrive at an accurate figure
- Verification of your income for compensation purposes
- Evaluating communications from the insurance company
- Responding to denials or questions from the employer or their insurance company
- Taking your case through appeals and to the courts, if necessary
Some cases can be resolved through negotiations with the insurance company. In other cases, it’s necessary to take the claim to court. Whatever is needed for you to receive justice, we’re prepared to do what it takes.
Fort Collins Workers Compensation Attorneys Free Consultation
We invite you to speak to our Fort Collins worker’s compensation attorneys at Bachus & Schanker for a free consultation. When you have a workplace injury, it’s essential to work quickly. There are deadlines and time limits that may apply. We have same-day and immediate consultations available.
We’re ready to fight for you. Contact us today by phone or use our messaging app to get started.
Additional Worker’s Compensation Resources:
Free Case Consultation
No risk and no cost to you or your family
Free Case Consultation
No upfront fees, no risk, and no cost to you or your family