Fort Collins Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys
Our Fort Collins nursing home abuse attorneys are prepared to fight for your loved one when abuse occurs. Nursing home abuse and neglect are heartbreaking. It’s devastating when you find out a family member entered a care facility only to suffer. But you can fight back. Our Fort Collins personal injury lawyers can help you investigate, respond appropriately and seek justice for your loved one.
It’s time to hold the responsible party accountable for their abusive actions. Contact our Fort Collins nursing home abuse attorneys at (970) 222-2222 for a free consultation today.
What Is a Nursing Home Abuse Case?
In addition to accountability, it can also provide your loved one with financial compensation that represents their medical bills, rehabilitation costs, and the terrible pain and suffering that results from the abuse.
Do I Have a Case for Nursing Home Abuse?
- Poor hygiene, inattention to the physical needs of residents
- Neglect; being left alone for long periods
- A lack of access to appropriate medical care
- Too few hand railings so that residents can move about their rooms and the facility; inadequate access to mobility devices like wheelchairs and walkers
- Emotional abuse, mental cruelty
- Secluding residents; not allowing them to socialize or exercise
- Assault and battery, other types of intentional harm
- Hiring too few workers; hiring unqualified workers
- Financial exploitation
Nursing home abuse is the absence of adequate care. When you live in a nursing home, you have the right to at least a basic level of care. If the nursing home fails to provide adequate care, harm may occur to a resident. The resident may claim financial compensation for their damages.
What Can You Win in a Nursing Home Abuse Case?
One of the ways our team of attorneys can assist you is by making sure the claim for compensation fairly represents the victim’s entire experience of abuse and suffering. Here are some of the categories of damages that may be available in a nursing home case:
- Cost of transferring to another facility
- Medical bills, emergency care and follow-up care
- Expenses related to medical care if existing medical conditions are made worse because of the abuse or neglect
- Rehabilitation, physical therapy
- Prescription coverage
- The cost of an evaluation to see exactly what the injuries are
- Compensation for mental abuse and the cost of mental health treatment
- Pain and suffering compensation
- Punitive damages
Our attorneys care about helping victims, and we accept cases of all sizes. We are proud to represent the rights of victims, no matter the valued compensation. Whatever the circumstances are in your case, fighting for justice is our goal. We invite you to meet with our legal team to find out what you might stand to recover in your individual case.
How Can a Fort Collins Nursing Home Abuse Attorney Help Me?
Our experienced nursing home abuse attorneys are your guides and advocates when you believe that you or a loved one may be the victim of nursing home abuse. Here are the things we do on your behalf:
- Help you make the appropriate reports to the police and state agencies
- Facilitate immediate removal of your love one from a facility, if necessary
- Investigation to determine what really happened; using legal procedures to demand production of records and information when the nursing home is not cooperative
- Speaking with the nursing home and witnesses on your behalf
- Gathering the evidence to prove your case
- Determining the value of your case based on the laws and evidence
- Handling the case from filing through resolution
- Negotiating the best settlement or taking the case to trial
Filing a nursing home abuse case is one remedy that may be available to help your loved one. It may also be appropriate to file a police report and a request for a state investigation when reporting elder abuse. You can pursue a nursing home abuse case and seek criminal remedies and other relief that may apply. In any case, it’s essential to take action immediately if you suspect abuse or neglect of a loved one.
Fort Collins Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys – Free Consultations
At Bachus & Schanker, LLC, we do whatever it takes to exercise your loved one’s full legal rights. By aggressively advocating for nursing home victims, we’re not only helping your loved one but also holding the nursing home accountable for what happened. We believe that we have an essential job in making society safer for seniors and other vulnerable people in Fort Collins and throughout Colorado.
Call us today at (970) 222-2222 for a free consultation about your nursing home abuse case. We invite you to have a confidential meeting with our legal team about your circumstances so we can get to work on your case right away. Let our legal advocates fight for the justice you or your loved one deserves.
Free Case Consultation
No risk and no cost to you or your family
Free Case Consultation
No upfront fees, no risk, and no cost to you or your family
"You will not regret your decision using Bachus and Schanker! Everyone is very professional and pleasant to work with!! During stressful events that occur in our lives, it’s nice to know you can get help from people who care about you and your family. Know that you will be in good hands!"