HOW ARE SETTLEMENTS FOR SLIP AND FALL CASES DETERMINED?
Falls can happen to anyone. Even seemingly minor injuries can prevent the ability to work, cause extensive medical bills, or have other unexpected consequences. If you’ve been the victim of a slip and fall accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
But receiving compensation isn’t always a simple process. You might be wondering how settlements for slip and fall cases are determined? Or how much should I settle for a slip and fall accident? Our Denver slip and fall accident attorneys explain how settlements for slip and fall cases are constructed.
Bachus & Schanker Wins – Over $1 Billion Recovered
Table of contents
- HOW DO YOU DETERMINE A SETTLEMENT FOR A SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT IN DENVER?
- HOW MUCH DO YOU GET FOR A SLIP AND FALL IN DENVER?
- WHAT’S INVOLVED IN NEGOTIATING A SLIP AND FALL SETTLEMENT IN COLORADO?
- HOW DO I GET A FAIR SLIP AND FALL SETTLEMENT?
- SETTLING A SLIP AND FALL CASE
- WHEN SHOULD I ACCEPT A SLIP AND FALL SETTLEMENT?
- HOW AN EXPERIENCED DENVER SLIP AND FALL SETTLEMENT ATTORNEY CAN HELP?
- CONTACT OUR DENVER SLIP AND FALL ATTORNEYS
- WHAT ARE SOME COMMON SLIP AND FALL CASE EXAMPLES?
- HOW MUCH SHOULD I SETTLE FOR A SLIP AND FALL?
- IF I SLIP AND FALL AT A BUSINESS BUT AM NOT SERIOUSLY INJURED, MAY I BE COMPENSATED?
- CAN TENANTS BE SUED FOR SLIP AND FALL CASES INSTEAD OF THE LANDLORD?
- WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A STATUS HEARING IN A SLIP AND FALL?
- DOES EVERY SLIP AND FALL CASE GO TO TRIAL?
- HOW CAN LIABILITY INSURANCE HELP WITH SLIP AND FALL COMPENSATION?
- CAN I FILE AN INSURANCE CLAIM AGAINST A COMPANY THAT HAS FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY FOR A SLIP AND FALL?
- HOW CAN YOU SUE A PROPERTY OWNER FOR DAMAGES IF THERE IS NO LIABILITY INSURANCE?
- WHAT IF YOU SLIP AND FALL IN YOUR OWN HOME?
- WHAT IF YOU SLIP AND FALL IN YOUR OWN HOME?
- HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET MY LOST WAGES FROM A PROPERTY SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT?
- DO JURORS TYPICALLY SIDE WITH THE PLAINTIFF IN SLIP AND FALL CASES?
- RELATED SETTLEMENTS FOR SLIP AND FALL CASES DETERMINED READING
How Do You Determine a Settlement for a Slip and Fall Accident in denver?
Slip and fall claim amounts depend on the severity of the injury along with other aspects that impact the final payment and may include compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
How Much Do You Get for a Slip and Fall in denver?
A slip and fall settlement calculation isn’t so much a calculation as it is a negotiation. This negotiation requires an honest evaluation of each element in the case to create a strong claim. Each claim gets investigated, and a claim is prepared as if it were to go to trial.
The settlement of an accident can vary greatly; the more significant physical injuries generally result in more compensation. If you negotiate a slip and fall settlement with surgery, settlement amounts between $10,000-$50,000 are typical. However, the strength of the evidence is an essential factor, too. Effective slip and fall settlement negotiations require strategy, discretion, and tact.
An experienced Denver slip and fall lawyer can help calculate aspects of a slip and fall case and create solid arguments for negotiations.
What’s Involved in Negotiating a Slip and Fall Settlement in colorado?
In slip and fall cases, settlement amounts are negotiated based on the likely results of the case if it went to court. To make this determination, a Colorado personal injury attorney will consider the facts of the incident, the ability to prove negligence, incurred medical bills, and other injury factors. When both parties have an approximate idea of the case’s value, they see if there is common ground for negotiating a settlement.
How Do I Get a Fair Slip and Fall Settlement?
Getting a fair slip and fall settlement begins long before your lawyer speaks to the other party. You can’t settle your case fairly if you haven’t built a strong case. The other side needs to know that you’re willing and able to go to trial if necessary.
Building a solid case involves gathering evidence and taking the proper legal steps to be ready for trial. Then, you can strongly argue your position to the other side during negotiations.
Settling a Slip and Fall Case
When you negotiate a settlement, it’s between the person who slipped and fell and the party at fault for negligence. The judge doesn’t tell the parties what they should settle the case for; amounts are left up to individuals and their lawyers to determine. An essential part of having legal representation is your lawyer negotiating the settlement and recommending whether you should accept an offer.
When Should I Accept a Slip and Fall Settlement?
There are some good reasons that settling may be in your best interest:
- You avoid the possibility that the outcome at trial is worse than you were expecting.
- You avoid the cost and expense of having a trial. Trial costs can quickly run in the thousands of dollars due to hiring lawyers, expert witnesses, and preparing evidence.
When you reach a settlement, you avoid these costs.
How an Experienced denver Slip and Fall Settlement Attorney Can Help?
A large part of what your slip and fall attorney helps you with is knowing when to accept a settlement. You need to know if a settlement is in your best interests or not. With your attorney, you can have the confidence that your slip and fall settlement is appropriately determined.
Contact Our Denver Slip and Fall Attorneys
Are you wondering how your settlement will be determined? Do you want to make sure you get fair compensation? Our attorneys can help.
At Bachus & Schanker, LLC, we’ve collected millions of dollars for slip and fall victims, just like you. We are conveniently located at 5 Colorado locations near you in Denver, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, Aurora, and Englewood. Our attorneys are ready to serve you and fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free consultation about your case.
Slip and Fall Settlement FAQs
You Deserve Fair Compensation
Don’t let the insurance companies intimidate you into accepting less than you deserve. We’re ready to fight for you.
Written and Legally Reviewed By: Kyle Bachus
4.6 ★★★★★ 1,461 Google Reviews
Kyle is a member of the Colorado and Florida Bar associations and has served on the Board of Directors of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association for more than twenty years in total. Over the years, Kyle has achieved justice for many clients. He has served on numerous committees and repeatedly won recognition from his peers at both the state and national level. He is proud of the role he has played in the passage of state and national legislation to protect consumers and is a frequent speaker and guest lecturer.