Personal Injury Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident, the negligent parties should be held accountable for their mistakes. Unfortunately, insurance companies may try to minimize your injuries and suffering. When this happens, you need strong legal advocacy on your side to help fight for the compensation you deserve.
Working with an experienced personal injury attorney can help you get justice. At Bachus & Schanker, our personal injury law firm in Colorado Springs is dedicated to helping victims and their families get the maximum amount for their losses.
Bachus & Schanker Wins – Over $1 Billion Recovered
What Makes a Good Personal Injury Lawyer?
Getting fair financial compensation can be a struggle for injury victims. According to the National Safety Council (NSC), there were more than 55 million injuries and about 201,000 preventable deaths in the United States in 2020 – and those injuries cost billions of dollars every year.
An excellent personal injury lawyer will know what steps to take to secure the maximum compensation for clients. They provide support, guidance, and legal expertise during the claims process.
Why Work with Bachus & Schanker?
The personal injury attorneys at Bachus & Schanker specialize in helping accident victims. We understand that every case is different, and we work to develop relationships with our clients to understand their situations and goals.
Our comprehensive legal representation includes:
- A robust team of attorneys, legal professionals, and support staff
- In-depth knowledge of Colorado law and the local Colorado Springs court system
- Litigators with over 25 years of experience who have won over $1 billion for clients
- Compassionate lawyers who treat you with dignity and respect
- Extensive experience gathering evidence and building strong cases
- Dedicated attorneys who speak to the insurance company on your behalf
- Aggressive negotiating skills to secure maximum settlements
- Representation in court if your case goes to trial
Don’t let the insurance company or other lawyers pressure you to accept less than you deserve. Let our team handle the legal process so you can focus on your recovery and your family.
What Types of Accident Victims do you Represent?
Helping accident victims is all we do. Our law firm focuses exclusively on personal injury claims involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall cases
- Medical malpractice
- Workers’ compensation
- Wrongful death
What Should I do if I was Injured in Colorado Springs, CO?
If you were injured in an accident in Colorado Springs, CO, the results can be devastating. You may have severe injuries that prevent you from working or enjoying the activities you used to. However, a personal injury lawsuit can help you get justice.
To improve your chances of a successful legal claim, here are some things to consider after an accident.
- Seek medical assistance and document injuries.
- If possible, take pictures of the accident scene.
- Gather contact information from other parties involved.
- Get contact details for any witnesses.
- Follow through with all healthcare treatment and medical advice.
- Work with an experienced Colorado Springs lawyer.
Can I Afford a Personal Injury Attorney in Colorado Springs?
Many people do not seek legal help because they assume they cannot afford a lawyer. However, our personal injury team believes all accident victims deserve solid legal representation. That’s why we work on contingency with no upfront fees. You only pay a percentage of the final recovery amount if your case is successful.
To learn more about our standard fee and legal representation, contact our team for a free case evaluation. We’ll break down our process and what you might expect to receive for your claim.
How Much is My Colorado Springs Injury Case Worth?
Every personal injury case is different. The compensation you receive depends on the damages you’ve sustained as a result of your accident. In general, you can claim compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Cost of future medical care
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earnings capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental or emotional anguish
To ensure you get the full value for all your losses, you must claim all qualifying damages in your personal injury lawsuit. Our team of attorneys can help you get the maximum amount for all the ways you’ve suffered.
How Can You Prove Damages in Personal Injury Cases?
If a person’s negligence caused an accident that resulted in your injuries and suffering, you are entitled to claim compensation for your losses through a personal injury lawsuit. However, you must prove all the elements of negligence to recover damages, including:
- Duty of Care – The defendant must have a legal obligation to the victim. For example, a driver has a duty to adhere to traffic laws while driving.
- Breach of Duty – The next element of negligence shows that the defendant breached their legal duty, such as going over the designated speed limit.
- Causation – Next, you must prove that the breach of duty was the cause of the accident. In our example, you must prove that the other driver’s excessive speed led to your car accident.
- Damages – You must also show that you sustained damages as a result of the accident. For example, you suffered a concussion, wage loss, and physical pain from the car crash.
If you can prove all four elements of negligence in your case, you can recover damages by taking legal action.
Is There a Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me I Can Trust?
Serving Colorado Springs, Bachus & Schanker has a record of successful cases and deep connections to the local community. We treat our clients like family, so you know you have compassionate representation and support on your side when you work with our legal team.
If you’d like to learn more about our services or how much your claim may be worth, contact our team today to schedule a free consultation. We’re ready to fight for justice for you and your loved ones.
VISIT OUR COLORADO SPRINGS PERSONAL INJURY LAW FIRM
We can also meet you at home or in the hospital.
National Safety Council (NSC). Injury Facts.