How Legal Assistance can Help Head Injury Victims Experiencing Nightmares
While the terms ‘head injury’ and ‘brain injury’ are often used interchangeably by medical and legal professionals, a person can experience a head injury without having damage to the brain. A head injury can happen to anyone at any time and can result in long-term health problems, hospitalization, disabilities, memory loss, dramatic mood changes and even death. Depending on the seriousness of a head injury, it can be classified as a mild, moderate or severe condition. Head injuries must always be taken seriously. This is true even when the initial injury site was not a direct traumatic impact to the head. Head injuries can be the result of accidents involving the spine, neck, back, jawline, face and major organs.
Victims of head injuries often experience sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, sleeplessness and nightmares. A nightmare is a dream that occurs during sleep and results in feelings of strong terror, fear, distress or extreme anxiety. Left untreated, persistent nightmares can affect a person’s ability to perform daily functions such as driving a vehicle, thinking clearly, fulfilling work responsibilities and using his or her motor and vocal skills.
Situations that Contribute to Head Injuries and Nightmares
- Automobile, motorcycle, bus, train and boat accidents
- Blunt impacts from objects
- Sports injuries
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Firearm injuries
- Defective product injuries
- Assaults, abuse and violent attacks
- Military or law enforcement-related blasts from IEDs (Improvised Explosive Devices)
The full impact of a head injury may not be apparent for days, weeks or months. If you or a loved one have been a victim of a head injury that was the result of another person’s deliberate or negligent action, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, pain, suffering, lost wages, mental distress and even the loss of a job. Before agreeing to any settlement from an individual, business or insurance company, have a physician describe all of your possible injuries, and also seek legal advice. An experienced Denver injury lawyer will evaluate your situation, estimate what damages you may be entitled to, and help you with all of the legal paperwork and court appearances necessary to achieve a positive outcome that you require and deserve. Selecting the best Denver injury lawyer does not need to add stress to your situation. Before hiring a lawyer, you will want to know his or her qualifications to handle your type of lawsuit.
Considerations for Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney
- Check out the attorney’s experience in handling head injury claims and knowledge of both federal and state standards and laws.
- Research whether the attorney’s specialized legal branch of tort law demonstrates a focus on personal injuries.
- Look up the attorney’s reputation within the legal community for dedication to a client’s lawful entitlements. This includes any documented records of successfully achieving the most compensation possible based on the circumstances of the cases.
- Make sure the attorney offers a free consultation visit to examine the merits of a case and to discuss how the legal fees are determined.
Free Case Consultation
No risk and no cost to you or your family