Ready to contact us now? Call free at or jump to our case evaluation form.
Most people would agree that semi-trucks, or 18-wheelers, pose serious danger to other motorists. In Colorado and throughout the United States, alarming Truck Accident statistics point to the very real threat of these types of collisions. The Truck Accident attorneys at Bachus & Schanker, LLC have years of experience investigating collisions between commercial trucks and passenger vehicles. Our legal team recognizes a number of common causes of Truck Accidents, including:
- Driver error
- Failure to inspect brakes or equipment
- Improper training and supervision
- Violation of Hours of Service Requirements
- Alcohol and drug violations
- Driver fatigue
- Aggressive drivers
- Cell phone use
Further, the Truck Accident attorneys at our Denver, Colorado, firm have found that trucks weighing 10,000 pounds or more are much more likely to cause deaths and fatalities than those accidents involving smaller passenger vehicles. In addition, trucks with a gross carrying capacity of more than 10,000 pounds receive much lower crashworthiness and safety ratings than most other types of vehicles.
Truck Accident Statistics
In Colorado and across the country, Truck Accident statistics serve as a warning of the dangers of accidents between commercial trucks and passenger vehicles. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, in 2004, the last year for which data is available, the following Colorado Truck Accident statistics are known:
- 69 fatalities in collisions between large trucks and passenger vehicles
- 1,917 non-fatal crashes between large trucks and passenger vehicles
- 570 large trucks were involved in injury collisions with smaller vehicles
- 804 reported injuries from collisions involving large trucks
Throughout the United States, Truck Accident statistics are even more frightening. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration data for 2004 indicates that:
- 500,000 collisions occurred between commercial trucks and passenger vehicles
- 6000 fatalities were reported in these types of collisions
- 74% of fatalities were occupants of the smaller vehicle
Contact a Colorado Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accidents can be devastating. If you or a loved one has been harmed in a Truck Accident, please contact our Truck Accident lawyers in Denver, Colorado. At Bachus & Schanker, LLC, we can help you build a strong, effective case. Our experienced team will fight to protect your legal rights.